• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Edit & External Midi Controller

Miscreant

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I saw one thread about this back in 2016, but there were no bites. Thought I'd give it another shot.

I am wondering if there is a way to control parameters in Axe-Edit (volume, gain, treble, etc.) with an external midi controller, like the Midi Fighter Twister. I know I can control the Axe directly via midi. But what about Axe-Edit?

GlennO

Fractal Fanatic
Strictly speaking, AxeEdit doesn't have parameters. It's just a controller. It wouldn't make sense to use a controller to control a controller. The parameters you want to control are AxeFX parameters.

Miscreant

Inspired
Strictly speaking, AxeEdit doesn't have parameters. It's just a controller. It wouldn't make sense to use a controller to control a controller. The parameters you want to control are AxeFX parameters.
Thanks for chiming in, and for clarifying.

You're right that I do want to control AxeFx parameters. But I want to be able to do this via Axe-Edit, as otherwise Axe-Edit goes into standby and I cannot benefit from its GUI.

Though it does seem in this case not possible, I'm not sure I would go so far to say controlling a controller 'makes no sense'. The external midi-controller would just be indirectly controlling the target parameters via a secondary (and virtual...) controller (Axe-Edit).

Top Bottom