Axe-Edit & External Midi Controller

Miscreant

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I saw one thread about this back in 2016, but there were no bites. Thought I'd give it another shot.

I am wondering if there is a way to control parameters in Axe-Edit (volume, gain, treble, etc.) with an external midi controller, like the Midi Fighter Twister. I know I can control the Axe directly via midi. But what about Axe-Edit?

Strictly speaking, AxeEdit doesn't have parameters. It's just a controller. It wouldn't make sense to use a controller to control a controller. The parameters you want to control are AxeFX parameters.

Strictly speaking, AxeEdit doesn't have parameters. It's just a controller. It wouldn't make sense to use a controller to control a controller. The parameters you want to control are AxeFX parameters.
Thanks for chiming in, and for clarifying.

You're right that I do want to control AxeFx parameters. But I want to be able to do this via Axe-Edit, as otherwise Axe-Edit goes into standby and I cannot benefit from its GUI.

Though it does seem in this case not possible, I'm not sure I would go so far to say controlling a controller 'makes no sense'. The external midi-controller would just be indirectly controlling the target parameters via a secondary (and virtual...) controller (Axe-Edit).

Back
Top Bottom