Axe-Edit drag and drop

Clickonce

Inspired
After upgrading to latest axe-edit, I can't get drag and drop to work. I just get the circle with the slash through it.

Is there a trick to making this work? I'm on windows 8.. I've tried running axe-edit as administrator. Do I need to run in compatibility mode or??

It worked before and I don't remember having to do anything special. Tips appreciated.. not having that makes auditioning cabs painful.

Thanks!

I manually uninstalled and installed with win7 compatibility mode and it's working again. Not sure which of those fixed the issue. THanks!

I manually uninstalled and installed with win7 compatibility mode and it's working again. Not sure which of those fixed the issue. THanks!
Which version did you install..?? There IS a Win8 specific build available on the download page.

Ok, well it's happening again. If I uninstall and reinstall it works for a while. A "while" seems to vary.. it just seems to randomly stop working. Sometimes within a session of axe-edit.. other times if I close axe-edit and re-open.. it just stops working.

I'm using the windows 8 specific version.

Is there a registry setting that is getting updated to support this drag/drop? What should I be looking for?

Thanks.

Can you be more clear about what you're trying to drag and drop?

Absolutely.

1. Tools -> Axe-manage cabs
2. Open windows explorer and go to directory Ultrares samples... drag 1x12 TweedVerb R121.syx into a slot in the axe-manage cabs window.
3. I tried dragging a preset to "Axe-manage presets" and that didn't work either.

In each case I get a circle with the slash through it.

If I uninstall and then reinstall it works for a while. Not sure what causes it to stop working.

Let me know if there's any other info you need. I'm running windows 8.1.

THanks.

Back
Top Bottom