Axe-edit doesn't see axe/fx ll

Cleopatra

My axe-edit was working fine until I moved. After I set up my mac pro tower and connected my axe/fx ll to the usb as before the axe-edit no longer sees it. I tried deleting all software and drivers, turning everything off and reinstalling but no luck. When I go to settings and look at the ports it says none? I'm at a loss. I've tried two new USB cables with the same results, or no results. HELP!

I have to admit I don't know how to check anything to do with MIDI on my mac. I originally just downloaded Axe-edit and the drivers and it took off running. I never had a problem till I broke everything down to move. Now I've hooked it back up and nothing. Axe-edit doesn't see the Axe/FX. I'm using a different USB cord that's a 2.0 (new). I just ordered a new 3.0, although I doubt it will make any difference. I have to admit I've gotten spoiled working up my presets on Axe-edit.

Use spotlight search (probably default: command + space bar):
"Audio MIDI Setup"

You'll need to confirm your Axe-Fx II is registering as a MIDI device before you can go any further.

check once here if the device appears here.
about your Mac / System report /System Information.
1631629021905.png
1631629095334.png

Last edited:
Perhaps an obvious thing: you mentioned trying different cables but have you tried a different USB port on your computer?

Also, are you able to connect to any other USB device to verify that you don't have an internal USB problem on the computer? I can only see your computer's internal audio devices and a Bluetooth device under the Audio MIDI Settings.

I've tried two different USB cables (both 2.0 new) both in front port and rear port. I have no idea on how to get the computer to see the AXE/FX. I would think it would sense it automatically once it was plugged in. The computer senses other devices when plugged into the USB ports.
I have no idea how this ended up in the fractal bot category and no idea on how to move it to another. My first post here so I'm a newbie.

The only change is I added another additional new formatted internal hard drive in an empty slot for increased storage capabilities. Otherwise everything else is the same except the location.

I downloaded all the software into my mac laptop and it's the same as my tower. The Axe-edit doesn't see it. It seems if the problem isn't using a 2.0 USB cable the problem it must be in the AXE/FX itself. It doesn't show in system information in audio or USB. However the USB is a 3.0 bus. I really appreciate all the suggestions. It is helping me try to narrow down the source of the problem. Just not there yet. Though being a newbie.

I had considered that possibility, while hoping it wasn't the case. I looked into the FracPad and that seems like a easy alternative to sending my AXE/FX back to Fractal. Besides I have an early iPad gathering dust that could be put to good use. I'd just have to get a later OS installed. Thanks. I really appreciate all the help. It's tough being a newbie, but ya gotta start somewhere.

SUCCESS!!! I received the new 3.0 USB cable I ordered today. After plugging it in, I manually reset the port settings in AXE-EDIT settings and now it's talking more than my ex wife. Thanx to all the input and advice from those who chose to help. Now, back to rockin...

Back
Top Bottom