• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe Edit doesn't change with MFC

holdenhinkle

Inspired
Hello,

I just got my Axe II and MFC. I installed Axe Edit and upgraded the Axe II and MFC to the lastest firmware.

I can control the Axe with the MFC, but the changes (presets, turning on and off effects, etc.) are not reflected in Axe Edit. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

aleclee

Forum Addict
MFC won't update when you change patches via the front panel, either. Just the way the Axe & MFC interact.

holdenhinkle

Inspired
Do any of the other foot controllers like the Gordius update Axe Edit? Or change depending on what you do on Axe Edit of the Axe Fx itself?

I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the MFC isn't more integrated.

Last edited:

s0c9

Do any of the other foot controllers like the Gordius update Axe Edit? Or change depending on what you do on Axe Edit of the Axe Fx itself?

I'm surprised and a little disappointed that the MFC isn't more integrated.
AS has been mentioned elsewhere, this is NOT the fault of the MFC. The Axe does not send PC/CC data when changes are made via the front panel. Therefore, no peripheral device (AxeEdit or MFC) connected to the Axe is aware of those changes and can react to them.
I believe that sort of change in the Axe firmware is "not insignificant" and may well take up value space reserved for amp models and other future enhancements.

steverosburg

Veteran
AS has been mentioned elsewhere, this is NOT the fault of the MFC. The Axe does not send PC/CC data when changes are made via the front panel. Therefore, no peripheral device (AxeEdit or MFC) connected to the Axe is aware of those changes and can react to them.
OP: See the following thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/40219-add-option-send-program-changes-when-selected-via-front-panel-midi-cc.html. You can vote if you would find this useful.

I believe that sort of change in the Axe firmware is "not insignificant" and may well take up value space reserved for amp models and other future enhancements.
Why speculate on something you have no idea about? Even if it did, many of us would find this feature quite useful, and I for one would willing sacrifice and amp model or two for it anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom