Axe-Edit Developer's Diary, Jun 13 2013

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hello all,

I'm posting this update because I skipped it last time given all the excitement of Axe-Fx II FW 10.06. Today we got a sneak preview of the new AMP block editor and I realized I'd better catch you up, since there will be a new developer's diary post soon.

In case you’ve missed the previous entries here’s a recap. Work is complete on the Preset Control and Grid sections of Axe-Edit and we are currently progressing on the Effect Editor, which is a large area. While this moves ahead, here is an important note about the re-engineering behind Axe-Edit 3.0

The new version is a complete rewrite from the ground-up. "Touching up" the old editor was simply not an option, though it did provide a model for the interface and feature set. As the re-write progressed, however, we realized that there was an opportunity to review and improve upon the design and function of the program as well. The downside of a total re-write is that it placed us all in a period where the old editor needs to suffice while the new one is created. The upside is that the improvements don't require any "extra" time to implement. We've taken full advantage of this, with true stability, vastly more efficient 2-way communication, plus features that are easier to learn and use. We even surveyed the functionality and feel of many industry-leading plug-ins to discover the details of best-in-class "feel." From day one, Axe-Edit 3.0 will be an editor worthy of the Axe-Fx.

We are focusing on delivering the end result as quickly as possible without compromising on quality. All features, new and old, function to the high standard and confidence found in all of our products. We appreciate your patience, and want to reward it, so here is a bit of eye candy for you. Here you see the new Preset Control section. This is not just a mockup by the way -- the app is up and running, shown here connected to a live preset in the Axe-Fx II. How many changes/improvements can you spot?

ae3-p1.png

PS: We'll reveal more next time!

And this is why among other things, purchasing the Axe Fx is a no brainer!, hardly, i can recall a harder working team as the Fractal family. Thank you for you dedication to us, the customers!

I am thinking the new cool looking Mac Pro and AE 3.0 will be a sexy pairing. That is going to be a sweeeeet day for me! :encouragement: Looks good Matt!!!! Thanks for sharing the info.

I like the presets pull down as opposed to the "tiny" little 01, 02, 03 on the current iteration. An actual header menu bar! Wooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!

Last edited:
Looks awesome!! ((( I'm so glad to see you're not trying to windows 8'ify it with that flat toys 'r' us kinda metro butt ugly interface .... )))
it looks just as good as the old one and probably even better.

Thanks for all your outstanding work all you FAS gurus :)

Wow! It looks super clean and polished. Very good! :eagerness:

I like how the grid now has 13 columns :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom