Axe-Edit constantly loses connection

I really hope that this is addressed in the final firmware? Using USB audio while tweaking with Axe-Edit is nearly impossible right now.

Communication timeouts have been happening for years now (started around Quantum 7-8 for me), seems to be when using the axe as an audio interface with axe edit open. For me it's happened on different computers running Win7, Win 8.1, Win10 and OSX with different cables. Pretty sure Cliff confirmed it's a known issue.

Communication timeouts have been happening for years now (started around Quantum 7-8 for me), seems to be when using the axe as an audio interface with axe edit open. For me it's happened on different computers running Win7, Win 8.1, Win10 and OSX with different cables. Pretty sure Cliff confirmed it's a known issue.
I seem to recall that they could not reproduce the issue there. Super easy to reproduce it here?

this has just started happening for me as well. i'm on macos 10.14.3. never had a problem before.

Interesting. I've been experiencing issues recently when using Axe FX on my macbook, but only when used in conjunction with Loopback, a program for virtually mixing audio inputs from multiple sources that somebody here was kind enough to recommend. I assumed the problem was with Loopback, since uninstalling that so far has always fixed the problem for me.

ah, i have that installed too. i'll uninstall and see if it fixes it

edit: no i don't, but i have something called "midi patchbay" which i've just deleted

Let me know how it goes. In the meantime, they suggested a workaround, although I haven't had a chance to try it myself:

"If you notice the device isn't detected, you can manually add the second "copy" of the device that is detected, so you've got that other pathway covered."

This bug makes reamping using any computer I own an adventure in Axe Edit and Fractal hardware crash recovery for sure.

This problem os already on my axe fx a long time with previous fw. It was stated that maybe it would be my cable or usage and didn't dare to say anything anymore. But indeed with Ares now installed it's even worse. Connection to spotify (backingtrack) is lost and sound stops. But especially Axe edit loses connection. Only a restart of the axe fx and all applications will return workable situation. I really hope this will be fixed or at least less frequently happening.Today tweaking is impossible with Axe edit. Just a few tweaks and connection is lost.

Note: I use axe fx also as soundcard to my monitors for guitar en spotify using windows 10 pro while playing and tweaking.

Wow glad I have never had any disconnects. Axe FX 2 XL + and windows 7 on one computer and 10 on the other. My main computer is nor hooked up to the internet and not receiving windows updates. Perhaps there is something to that.

Can't find the edit button but I'll also should add that I have updated the Axe fx along with all the firmwares. I also use the axe fx for my sound card or audio device.

Last edited:
Can't find the edit button but I'll also should add that I have updated the Axe fx along with all the firmwares. I also use the axe fx for my sound card or audio device.

You need to be fiddling with axe edit with audio playing for it to crash. At least in my case. I doubt the internet has got anything to do with it. Especially if it doesn't go through the USB bus.

The thing that the internet has to do with windows update. Might be worth looking into update history and roll back Windows if you haven't checked that yet. I have had more trouble with windows updates screwing with drivers than I can count.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom