Axe Edit constant crashes

^agreed, however, if you read carefully, you would see that several of us had already tried all the things you suggested (before posting) and still have the disconnect issues.

I was having problems similar to this on W10 - Axe-Edit, a web browser (FF) and Reaper being my usual apps opened and AxeFX as sound device and using headphones from the AxeFX. After a period of time - maybe an hour or maybe 3 hours there would be a crack in my phones and I'd lose sound - then generally a few mins later the AxeFX would freeze - and Axe-Edit became unresponsive and needed to be force quit with the Task Manager. Re-starting the AxeFX brought back the sound. This could happen when I was using AE or not using it - just random.

I tried restarting the laptop and same thing happened some time later - then when it did it again a while back - instead of force quitting Axe-Edit and re-starting the laptop via the menu I just force shutdown the whole laptop by holding down the Power button and then I re-booted it. That was maybe 2 weeks ago now - and the problem has not returned since then. I'm using same USB port and cable as previously.

So maybe that's worth trying next time your Axe-Edit crashes - just hold down your power button to do a force shutdown and see what happens after you re-boot.

^been doing that for weeks. Doesn't do anything but resynchronize until the inevitable disconnect happens again.

Shooting in the dark here ....... I've no idea if Axe-Edit writes to it during it's operation - but maybe try clearing out your temp folder? (option in Disk Cleanup in Windows)

Same problem here.
I use Axe fx for reamping in CUbase. Having second soundcard is not an option.
It used to be fine before I update AE to 3.14.2 and FW 8.02 (I did this at the same time so don't know what triggered the issue.
This is not USB cable problem
There was solution to change Axe FX MIDI Channel to 15, it used to work before the recent update.
Now I'm having crashes every 5 minutes. Ba, ically AE is useless for me.
I think in my case, the reason can be is using Cubase and AE at the same time, but it's a must for re-amping purposes.
Windows 10 x64
Cubase 9.0.20
FW 8.02
AE 3.1432

Yeserday I had a long conversation and walkthrough with Matt from the support, he was really helpful. Please give me some time to test my unit, it seems like everything is fine now, I will keep you posted in the upcoming days!

Yeserday I had a long conversation and walkthrough with Matt from the support, he was really helpful. Please give me some time to test my unit, it seems like everything is fine now, I will keep you posted in the upcoming days!
Looking forward to hear from you, man!

Guess I'm in the same boat. I just updated AE to 3.14.2, created a new preset, pressed "save" and it crashed. First time AE has ever messed up on me personally. After restarting the app and also noticed all the tool tip balloons are blank, so there seems to be at least a couple items borked.

Edit: I should mention that I'm on Win8.1 for what it's worth.

Last edited:
My AE keeps crashing as well, never had any problems before.
I have: tried different USB cable, reinstalled USB drivers/AE, nothing helped.
It's very strange becasue AxeLive/FractalBot and DAW (USB Audio) works flawless.

I have Windows 10 x64

My AE keeps crashing as well, never had any problems before.
I have: tried different USB cable, reinstalled USB drivers/AE, nothing helped.
It's very strange becasue AxeLive/FractalBot and DAW (USB Audio) works flawless.

I have Windows 10 x64
That's very interesting. When AxeEdit doesn't connect, other clients like AxeLive still connect ?

When I start AE it keeps crashing, after a few tries it finally connects.
It could crash after 1-2 minutes though

An example:
- After 5 tries AE starts and I can edit the patch
- Open AxeLive and it connects with no problem and AE pause
- Active AE again and it crashes
- AxeLive still works
AE_Crash.jpg

It seemed like we found the solution, but than BANG, errors kept coming :( The support is very nice and helpful, we talked for quite long.

We cleared SRAM, reloaded factory presets, downgraded, than it worked for a while, but than again, I had connection timeouts.

It seems like it is a software and not firmware bug. After timeout the sound is still coming from axe to logic, and I can record or do whatever, just have to operate the unit from the front screen.

The support reported this to the dev team, let's hope that the upcoming update will fix this.

Few weeks passed by again. The issue is still here.

I would like to kindly ask you to report your problem via mail to Fractal Support, only few of us did. by now, there is no sign of an upcoming fw/ae update.

Back
Top Bottom