Axe Edit constant crashes

Usb adaptermode off?

If i use axe fx as soundcard will this be possible? Will i have sound? As im getting frustrated with the hangings & spotify also stops responding sometimes only to be fixed with complete restart of everything.

Do you have similar problems with your tools? That you made yourselve.
Yes you'll have sound.
I never encountered this problem with AxeEdit or FracPad.
You can try FracPad on Windows/Mac for free though, so you'd be able to say if the problem comes from AxeEdit or not

Yes you'll have sound.
I never encountered this problem with AxeEdit or FracPad.
You can try FracPad on Windows/Mac for free though, so you'd be able to say if the problem comes from AxeEdit or not
Will it only work with bluetooth (yamaha adapter). I do not have the adapter

Dear Algrenadine,

First of all: installed the tool and succesfully used it on Windows 10 (64b) and it's a great tool and did at first not have any problems and did NOT crash or hung TILL I closed Spotify and the AXE FX got a hang and the USB/MIDI lights on FracPad did not have any blinkings anymore.

So it seems there is something wrong with USB and AXE FX and not ONLY with the AXE Edit as its seems with this (not long very complicated test).

Will do some more testing, but so far (as AXE FX EDIT was not involved or even opened) it does not seems to be solely connected to the axe edit.

Again : GREAT TOOLS you have build and definitely looking great and very usefull.

As soon as I start rehearsing again I will buy the Ipad and buy the midi connector (like the Yamaha). For now I will start using the FracPad as it seems it will have less crashed then the Fractool for now. But as soon as I have more info I will let you know!\

Thanks AlGrenadine

;)

Hello guys. I would like to start using a tablet for control wireless my AX8.To be able to listen from a certain distance from the Ax8 and monitors is really helpful when I do subtles tweak of my presets for a especific space.

So after read some about fracpad and that Yamaha usb wireless adaptor I sawthat it can be done.
Now, what do I need to buy?

For the moment I have the samsumg tablet of my girlfriend with android 7 to test fracpad. I installed the demo version but It doesn't, I downloaded from e-junkie. Is the reason because I need to buy the real version?

Then. Which will work better, fracpad or the axe edit in a tablet with windows? That will really decide about which tablet to buy (any recomendations??), cause I want to do the right choice and dont regret.

Do the USB wireless work with both, axe edit and fracpad?
Many thanks

Just wanted to share a little workaround.
As I mentioned earlier, I noticed that it crash less when CPU usage is low.
So I edited my patches to minimise CPU hit. Leaving only Amp, cab and distortion modules. I use it in the studio for re-amping so it works for me. Worth to keep it in mind.
The bright side is that the real fix is somewhere around the corner.

Finally: I have solved why my Axe-Edit crashed on both my laptops!
From a "process monitor" I noticed how much Axe-Edit accessed d3d10warp.dll and nvidia drivers. I knew it had to do something about the UI because USB and midi functions worked flawless with other apps.

The Nvidia optimus was the key to my problems and I created a new custom setting for axe-edit.exe and now I'm back in the game. It's so freaking good to use Axe-Edit again =)

(It bother me though because this was my first troubleshooting. I disabled optimus both i bios/windows to run only the Intel (integrated) gfx card but that didn't help so at that time I droped that solution.)

nvidia_optimus.jpg

From a "process monitor" I noticed how much Axe-Edit accessed d3d10warp.dll and nvidia drivers. I knew it had to do something about the UI because USB and midi functions worked flawless with other apps.

The Nvidia optimus was the key to my problems and I created a new custom setting for axe-edit.exe and now I'm back in the game. It's so freaking good to use Axe-Edit again =)]

Wow that's awesome, hopefully this will help get to the root of the issue. I also notice that the NVidea driver package also want's to install sound drivers of some sort (I can't remember what exactly) which I've always deselected when updating the graphics drivers; just mentioning that FWIW.

The Nvidia optimus was the key to my problems and I created a new custom setting for axe-edit.exe and now I'm back in the game. It's so freaking good to use Axe-Edit again =)

(It bother me though because this was my first troubleshooting. I disabled optimus both i bios/windows to run only the Intel (integrated) gfx card but that didn't help so at that time I droped that solution.)

View attachment 42065
Absolutely brilliant! I have a Nvidia (on my newer pc) and there have been repercussions with their driver updates before - including one that was very weird and had me thinking i had a virus - fortunately the online community posted about it and I found one person online who had described it well enough that a google search was able to find that post. - otherwise I would have incorrectly assumed I had a SERIOUS virus (in this bug a small square blinking cursor appeared after a few minutes, and kept moving randomly). So it makes perfect sense if this is an issue affecting only a group of Axe users with a certain driver, particularly a graphics driver since every microsecond of pc usage can be affected by them.

Just an update: no crashes and the UI works better than ever!
It's strange because nvidia drivers haven't been updated since april, only "windows update" and "axe-edit updates"

@Se7en : am I wrong or this will work only with a separate/ dinstinct graphic card and for laptops ? I use the intel integrated graphic on my motherboad (Asus H97 Pro), in a pc with Windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks

Interesting. I am going to cross-check this with another user who is experiencing trouble on a laptop.

So this works only if you have integrated GPU
In my case I don't have it. It's nVidia only :(((((

Back
Top Bottom