Axe Edit constant crashes

Discussion in 'Axe-Edit' started by Holyoli, May 12, 2017.

1. jarabuandi

jarabuandi
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

I here you mate….but, it's a hit an miss, at least for me (Axe-fx 2 + MAC user). Sometime I can play for 2 hours straight w/o issues, the next day after 5-10 minutes I get the 'Communication Timeout ' issues. Straight USB cable to the Axe, no DAW, no other interfaces no midi cable…. and as everyone else e already mentioned, it all this is happening after Q8/latest Axe-edit release.. Never had an issue before.

2. Detch

Detch
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

So far they have no clue of what's causing it.
    Next week I'll upgrade my PC so will report back if there will be any changes.

3. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Keep us posted...

4. #84 jsl2h, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    jsl2h

jsl2h
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Some wacky stuff going on with axe-edit here:
    I'm using the recommended FAS09-5M cable with my Axe fx II mk 2 on a windows 10/usb 3.0 laptop with latest axe edit and Q8.02 . I've had increasing problems with AE and the latest is the sound works with monitors but I can't connect to fracpad or AE no matter what I do. I've uninstalled the drivers a thousand times and reinstalled in every port. Maybe the FAS09 cable is bad? Idk. Maybe I should get a USB 3.0 cable instead? I'm about to give up and stick with the front panel. Or maybe try Q8.01 since someone said 8.02 seems to be the issue.

I know it's AE, because my DAW (reaper) works fine and so does my Axe for transmitting sound from my computer through my monitors. I can select midi ports in AE but I can't hit the refresh button (greyed out). Anyone have the recommended settings for I/O? I know I have MIDI set to Omni, USB adapter mode on, Buffer rate at 1024 on both my computer and Axe. I also uninstalled chrome so it's not a matter of hijacked midi ports I don't think....

Send help immediately.... :p

5. AlGrenadine

AlGrenadine
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Turn usb adapter mode off if you don't use your axefx as a midi adapter... turn axefx's usb buffer to 64

6. Myshkin47

Myshkin47
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Same issue here. Seems random & intermittent. Never had issues until recently. Running latest firmware on a 2015 IMac. I have to force quit AxeEdit & turn off/on my AxeII to fix the issue.

7. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Did, done... Still times out...