Axe-edit connection problems

hi everyone! it seems i keep having this trouble, its time a plug in my axe fx 2 XL+ and open my axe-edit, this window pops up and it doesn't let me use the axe-edit, i have tried to reset my computer and download the axe drive again and again and the axe-edit as well... it tried to connect it manually by going to the settings and choosing the axe, that doesn't work as well.. i'm frustrated! could any one please point out the problem and how to fix it? u have quantum 2.00 firmware...
thank you very much!!

G'day Oriel,

Have you tried reinstalling the USB driver? That sometimes helps.

Good luck
Pauly

Yea I did, the axe edit as well, some times it works, but usually I need to reinstall everything for about 40 min until it decides to start working again...

Wow...
Well... in that case you've probably done all this but here goes...
Try another USB cable
Try another USB Port
If you're using a USB hub, ditch it.
Use Windows Device manager to see if there are any problems with your ports, or conflicts with (say) network cards
Anything?

Thanks
Pauly

Lets have a look...
1- Press the i/o button on the Axe FX
2- Use the Page < & > buttons to select the MIDI page (look at the tabs)
3- On the MIDI page, select 'Midi Channel', and use the scroll wheel to change it to 15
4 - Press the recall button to get back to the preset.
When you start Axe Edit, it'll refresh the midi channel and away you go.
[edit] - I should add that in Axe Edit, choosing Settings, then Preferences should open a windo that shows the midi channel your unit is set ti.. pressing refresh re-reads from the Axe FX.

Thanks
Pauly

I have had extensive problems with my Axe-Fx II (original) syncing with my Mac. I will be switching over to a PC in the near future. I am in hopes this resolves the issues.

Extensive back and forth trouble shooting with Fractal support:

In short, most of the time when I power up the Axe-Fx, my computer sees it however, Axe-Edit and Fractal Bot do not. I get timeout errors. I tried various USB cables, various USB ports, various USB hubs. Same result every time.

Ryan at Fractal wrote:
"Sorry to hear about your troubles. This doesn't look like a hardware issue with the Axe-Fx or a driver problem on the computer. Check to make sure the Axe-Fx is sending sysex messages. You can do this by checking the SEND REALTIME SYSEX parameter under I/O->MIDI on the front panel of the Axe-Fx. It should be set to ON."

I replied:
"Thanks for the prompt reply. I have that parameter set to ‘All’, so I don’t think that’s what’s causing the issues. As I said in the original message, it’s failure to communicate with Axe Edit and Fractal Bot are intermittent. But - when it fails to communicate with those programs, it still functions perfectly as an audio device for my computer - Cubase sees the audio from the USB connection just fine, and I can send audio from my computer to the Axe-Fx II via the USB. What other ideas do you have?"

Ryan replied:
"Take a look at this knowledgebase article on how to verify the driver installation - http://support.fractalaudio.com/ind...2/0/verify-usb-driver-installation-on-windows Let me know what happens with the "Midi messages parsed," "Midi bytes parsed," and "Sysex bytes" sections."

Me:
"I’m on a Mac/OS X. The article you pointed to seems to pertain to Windows. I’m still having the same problem intermittently with my Axe-Fx II communicating with Fractal Bot and Axe-Edit. I would like to get this resolved ASAP. I am not on e-mail too much, will you, or someone please call me at the number below to help me resolve this issue?"

Ryan:
"Matt and I discussed the issue and we'd like you to try the following.
  1. If available, try the Axe-Fx and Axe-Edit on a Windows machine that does not have any other audio/MIDI software or drivers installed.
  2. Uninstall all MIDI drivers from your Mac. Re-install the Axe-Fx driver and try Axe-Edit.
    1. AppCleaner may come in handy - http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
  3. Try a USB hub. Typically we do not recommend using a hub, however, in this case something may be up with the USB descriptors so the hub may help straighten things out.
  4. Try a 3rd part MIDI utility.
    1. You can download Sysex Librarian here - http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
    2. The following link describes how to use Sysex Librarian to send preset banks.
      1. http://support.fractalaudio.com/ind...preset-banks-to-an-axe-fx-with-a-midi-utility
    3. You can receive a backup from the Axe-Fx using the following information that Matt posted on the forum (see the first post).
      1. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/legac...ackups-using-snoize-sysex-librarian-os-x.html
  5. Delete Axe-Edit's settings file.
    1. See http://support.fractalaudio.com/ind...icle/View/4/3/how-to-delete-axe-edit-settings
You can call the office"

And I called the office and we got nowhere. They said the unit might be defective. I'd have to pay shipping (which would be just under $200) plus the repair, so I deal with it, which means I have to restart the unit countless times to get Axe-Edit to recognize it.

Very frustrating. I hope your luck is better.

Are you running antivirus? If so, try turning it off and then starting Axe-Edit. These editors "phone home" at startup to see if there are any updates available on the Fractal server, and your antivirus program may be interfering with the connection, which can cause issues with startup. You might also try starting up Axe-Edit with your computer disconnected from the internet (unplug Ethernet cable or turn off wifi). I had a similar issue with FX8-Edit that was fixed this way.

It didn't work... But when I turn it on, then turn it off,and turn it on again, it seems to work... Well it worked two times like that, I hope at least it will keep it that way...

Cheers

Wow! Must be something though, as we are not the only ones experiencing this.
Guess we'll have to wait until someone at fractal can duplicate the issue.

Thanks
Pauly

Same problem - Windows 7 PC to Axe-FX II XL+. I have asked Sussi Isler at G66.eu for help. I will keep you posted.

I have Mac also - I thought it would be easier to hook up to Windows in the first instance, but it seems not from the replies so far! It should not be an issue for either platform.

Back
Top Bottom