Axe-Edit Bug regarding XL

Axeman

Experienced
I received my XL today. I'm on v14 with latest versions of Bot and Axe-Edit on Mac Pro (2013).

I tried to use Axe-Edit to import one preset from a backup of bank A from the old Axe II. The presets come up, and I selected one of the presets and the white board of presets disappeared and then nothing got imported - Axe-Edit screen is blank. I tried importing one preset from my back up of Bank A several times and nothing happened.

So I went to the Bot and sent the entire Axe II Bank A backup to Bank D on the XL. This worked, although some of the tempo settings are not correct. Did I do something wrong? Somehow the tempo settings didn't all get imported correctly.

I'm going to have to go back to my Axe II and upload one preset at a time and recheck everything.

For anyone upgrading to an XL, make sure you unlink you Global Amps!

I just tested both units again. Axe Edit will import a single preset form a backed up Axe II bank file into the Axe II. But Axe Edit will not let XL import a single preset from a backed up Axe II bank file. The screen just goes away after you select a preset and nothing happens. I then tested the XL and Axe Edit did import a single preset from the backed up bank of the XL. I saved everything using the Bot in the XL before migrating so I have bank backups that are from the XL only. So single preset import works from Axe II bank file to Axe II and XL file to XL bank to XL, but not from Axe II bank file to XL.

So I'm not sure if this is something that is known. I'm going to try using the Bot again to transfer the old II presets but it's a bummer because I dont want them all and it didn't work last night in that many of the tempos were wrong. So I'm not sure if anything else is not getting transferred correctly or not. I went back and backed up every II preset one at a time using the bot so I'll do one at a time and compare them. Hoping this issues can get addressed. Given that tempos were wrong in some presets using Bot to transfer an entire bank, I can't tell if the problem is with Axe Edit, Bot, XL or all of them.

Back
Top Bottom