Axe Edit & Axe FX II Mark II ..... easiest Tablet option ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

I have an Axe FX II Mark 2 arriving soon [ a purchase from a friend ].

I was wondering, what is the easiest / most portable tablet option [ presumably Windows as I assume no iOS available yet (?) ] to run Axe Edit on the road ?

Also, how is Axe Edit when used with a touch screen ? -or- is a mouse/trackpad still the most precise way to go ?

Am I right in saying that as long as the tablet is Win 7, 8 or 10 -and- has a USB port I am good to go ?

Thanks,
ben

I've seen posts from people successfully using inexpensive "Winbook"s to do just this.

As long as your computer/tablet/toaster has a supported OS and can connect via MIDI to the Axe FX, it should function as expected.

Regarding usability, no idea. Hopefully others chime in.

In the meantime: http://bfy.tw/32cS

......... As long as your computer ........ can connect via MIDI to the Axe FX .......

So just to be sure ...... that just means the Tablet must have a USB port ..... and then all the midi I/o stuff is done by the Axe FX .... ?

Ben

So just to be sure ...... that just means the Tablet must have a USB port ..... and then all the midi I/o stuff is done by the Axe FX .... ?

It means what I stated: as long as your computer/tablet/toaster can connect via MIDI to the Axe FX.

If your computer has USB, then it can connect to the Axe FX via MIDI over USB. If your computer has MIDI, then it can connect to the Axe FX via MIDI over MIDI.

Back
Top Bottom