Wish Axe-Edit as a VST plugin (NOT an AxePC request)

grape

Experienced
I'm sorry, please move this to the Axe-Edit Wishlist. I posted in the wrong forum

It would be great if Axe-Edit could be wrapped in a VST plugin so that the settings (including the send/receive settings) can be stored along with DAW projects. I work in Cubase a lot and having Axe-Edit in a VST plugin would help tremendously in storing settings along with the project. Note that I'm not saying Axe-Edit should produce audio. It should just be an wrapped in a VST so that the current preset will load with the song. This has another advantage is that DAW transport controls are still active while a VST is open. This can lead to keyboard shortcut conflicts and that would have to be worked out.

The precedent for this is Universal Audio UAD-2.

Interesting.

Could you not just dump the preset as a syx file and then have Cubase play that back, on to the USB output channel attached to your Axe-Fx, when you load up the project?

Interesting.

Could you not just dump the preset as a syx file and then have Cubase play that back, on to the USB output channel attached to your Axe-Fx, when you load up the project?

Yes that would partially solve the song and preset(s) pairing. It's more work but doable.

Back
Top Bottom