Axe-edit and Windows 10 - Help!

Rick C

Please confirm which version of Axe-edit works with Windows 10; I am guessing that it's the "Windows 8, 7, Vista version" but don't want to risk screwing up my PC before getting confirmation from this forum

Runs fine on Win10 for me on a MSFT Surface... excellent in fact.

Would be awesome if there was better real-time integration and performance ☺

Would be awesome if there was better real-time integration and performance

I'm afraid we'll need Axe FX 3 for that. Current hardware communicates via MIDI protocol, and that doesn't leave much room for realtime performance improvements.

I just upgraded to a rack mounted digital mixer which required windows 10 so I had to buy a new laptop with touch screen. I have read this thread and others. I have removed the drivers and axe edit and tried reinstalling with no luck. When I run the audio spy executable there is no connection with my Axe. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am hoping I am overlooking something simple.

So the file: "Windows Driver Package – Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB (05/15/2011) 1.0.0.9" under add remove programs is showing up as unavailable. I have removed it and reinstalled it yet it continues to show as Unavailable.

Last edited:
I just upgraded to a rack mounted digital mixer which required windows 10 so I had to buy a new laptop with touch screen. I have read this thread and others. I have removed the drivers and axe edit and tried reinstalling with no luck. When I run the audio spy executable there is no connection with my Axe. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am hoping I am overlooking something simple.

So the file: "Windows Driver Package – Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB (05/15/2011) 1.0.0.9" under add remove programs is showing up as unavailable. I have removed it and reinstalled it yet it continues to show as Unavailable.

Get the newest driver here http://www.fractalaudio.com/drivers.php

Thanks. So I was using a USB hub to interface with other rack gear. As it turns out the USB hub was blocking the connection. I took it out and had axe edit working with Windows 10!!

Thank you!
Nathan

Thanks. So I was using a USB hub to interface with other rack gear. As it turns out the USB hub was blocking the connection. I took it out and had axe edit working with Windows 10!
yeah..long time known issue..
Had we known you were using that (by putting it in your first post) we could have saved you some work!
Glad you're up and running.

long time known issue..

I'm curious - does anyone know the reason for this? After all, any computer with more than one USB port already has a hub inside, so it's not like this is a problem inherent in the protocol itself.

I'm curious - does anyone know the reason for this? After all, any computer with more than one USB port already has a hub inside, so it's not like this is a problem inherent in the protocol itself.
idk the technical aspects, but it's probably related to midi over usb and sysex .. as windows STILL single threads midi devices on the OS,even over USB - unless you are using MidiOX..

Back
Top Bottom