Axe edit and Ultra

rockbeare

Hi all. I've been going through checking and/or updating software in all my gear.

I hadn't used my Axe Edit software on my MacBook pro running Sierra 10.12 for quite a while (months) and have just connected it and tried to use it to edit some patches in my Axe Fx Ultra.

Axe Edit can see the Ultra, connection tests fine, and I can switch fx on and off and edit them in its existing patches, but I can't add (nor therefore edit) new effect blocks.

I've checked and I am running version 1.0.191 which I believe is the last version of Axe Edit to work with Ultra.

Help please! Thanks.

Obviously no-one out there? I notice another similar post today from Argentina, so at least I know it's not just me. Come on Fractal friends, help us both out here!

- - - - - -

Hi all. I've been going through checking and/or updating software in all my gear.

I hadn't used my Axe Edit software on my MacBook pro running Sierra 10.12 for quite a while (months) and have just connected it and tried to use it to edit some patches in my Axe Fx Ultra.

Axe Edit can see the Ultra, connection tests fine, and I can switch fx on and off and edit them in its existing patches, but I can't add (nor therefore edit) new effect blocks.

I've checked and I am running version 1.0.191 which I believe is the last version of Axe Edit to work with Ultra.

Help please! Thanks.

FYI, Mac Os updates are often incompatible with older devices. So check Midi device drivers etc... make sure you have the latest and greatest. It will work out.

I could never get the final version of Axe Edit to work with my Ultra (firmware 11). It would lock up and cause all sorts of problems. I eventually downgraded to version 0.9.191 beta and it worked perfectly. I still use my Ultra as a back up (have a II now) and still use that Axe Edit version with no problems. Might be worth a try?

H
I could never get the final version of Axe Edit to work with my Ultra (firmware 11). It would lock up and cause all sorts of problems. I eventually downgraded to version 0.9.191 beta and it worked perfectly. I still use my Ultra as a back up (have a II now) and still use that Axe Edit version with no problems. Might be worth a try?
how to downgrade the version.. i have the same problem :)

11 works great with AxeEdit I have used it on both PC and Mac using the latest version of AE from the FAS site. No need to dick around or downgrade anything. That would be stupid, IMHO. Just get a good MIDI interface. Maudio Midisport on PC and Focusrite saffire/Scarlett on Mac have worked for me

H
11 works great with AxeEdit I have used it on both PC and Mac using the latest version of AE from the FAS site. No need to dick around or downgrade anything. That would be stupid, IMHO. Just get a good MIDI interface. Maudio Midisport on PC and Focusrite saffire/Scarlett on Mac have worked for me

How midisport on mac?

H

how to downgrade the version.. i have the same problem :)
Downgrading AE is as simple as uninstalling AxeEdit, then installing the older version.
You can find 0.1.191 in the "Axe-Fx Software" link in my sig

Back
Top Bottom