Fixed Axe Edit and Strobe Tuner Display

Pico

I had to take a break from playing due to moving across the country, so maybe my memory is failing me, but I could've sworn that it used to be the case that when I hit the tuner button in Axe Edit, not only would Axe Edit show a tuner, but the main display on the Axe FX 3 would switch over to the big strobe tuner display.

That's not happening for me now - the main Axe FX 3 display just stays on whatever screen it's currently on. I can't find any setting or preference or reference to a change. Should it be happening, or am I just misremembering what used to happen? Only way I can get the big strobe tuner display is to physically hit the tuner button on the AF3.

Using the latest versions of both firmwares - 17.00 and 1.1.00

Some additional testing this evening -- I'm not exactly sure how I got this to happen, but now when I hit the Axe Edit tuner button on this preset (Tucana factory preset), the AF3 display switches over to the block type choices for Reverb 1. That continues to be the behavior if I switch to other presets too.

It actually might have been happening before as well, I might've just not noticed because my unit isn't particularly visible. I probably assumed that because I didn't see the strobe display, it didn't change at all from the standard scene menu.

Maybe it has something to do with IR Player block change and the resulting effect on indexing/alphabetizing the blocks? That caused some issues during the public betas from what I quickly saw in the threads I think?

Some additional testing this evening -- I'm not exactly sure how I got this to happen, but now when I hit the Axe Edit tuner button on this preset (Tucana factory preset), the AF3 display switches over to the block type choices for Reverb 1. That continues to be the behavior if I switch to other presets too.
I'm experiencing the same issue - tuner doesn't enable the tuner and opens options for Reverb 1 on the display.

Same, though I will note that if I enable the tuner on my Axe-FX manually and then close it out with Axe-Edit, it will close out normally. I noticed it because I went to tune and was like, why am I getting sound (as I have my output while tuning disabled)?

Back
Top Bottom