Axe Edit And Parameter Tracking

axel

Power User
One wish I have for Axe Edit would be a method of tracking what parameter values had been altered from their original defaults. This could be as simple as changing the color of a control whose value had been altered, to generating a file that would list only the preset parameters that had been altered and their current values. I'm constantly forgetting what parameters I've changed to get the tone I'm looking for, and when you toggle the amp type they are all set back to default. Any other suggestions, other than saving the amp as a block?

I have this Marshall JMD I mess around with (pretty cool amp BTW). Anyway, when you turn a knob, altering the value of the current preset, an LED will flash indicating that the value has been changed. You can rotate the knob to try different values, and when you rotate the knob back to the last saved value, the LED will turn solid, letting you know you are back to the stored value. Very handy feature when tweaking. It would be really cool to do something similar with the graphical knobs/controls in AE, such as...

Knob - Parameter changed, knob turns red (or other color)
Knob - Parameter back to default value, knob returns to default color

Same for graphical switches...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom