Axe-Edit and MFC-101 MIDI Output Merge to Axe-FX MIDI In?

favance

Power User
I would like to Midi Merge the Computer/Axe-Edit Output and the MFC-101 Output/Input into the Axe-FX Input simultaneously and be able to use both. Is this possible?

I tried a Merge All w/the MOTU Micro Express (2 Inputs to 1 Output)...with this Axe-Edit appeared to work, however, the MFC-101 would not read the Axe Display or Parameters...I suspect because most Midi Mergers do are not bi-directional (like the MFC-101 Output).

Is it possible to use both or is the only resort unplugging one or the other? Does anyone know of a Merge Device that has a Bi-Directional Output w/Merge?

thanks.

Re: Axe-Edit and MFC-101 MIDI Output Merge to Axe-FX MIDI In

Did you ever figure out a workable solution? I'm in the same boat. My only thought so far is to use a MIDI Merge device for the Computer MIDI OUT and the MFC-101 MIDI OUT to feed into the Axe-Fx MIDI IN. Since the Axe-Fx's MIDI IN is bidirectional as you have mentioned, some sort of Y-connection taking the Axe-Fx's MIDI OUT to both the Computer MIDI IN and the MFC-101 MIDI IN is needed. So, as I see it, we need to use two pieces of hardware: a 2-port MIDI Merge device (like http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm) and a 2-In, 1-Out MIDI thru device (like http://www.midisolutions.com/prodthr.htm). Sound feasible?

Thanks & Regards,
Randy

I ended up using a Motu Midi Express merging the MFC In and Out w/the Axe FX In/Out. I had to adjust the Buffer/Speed on the Axe-Edit. The Motu uses a USB to connect to the computer/Axe-Edit. In the Motu config I send the Axe FX Out to the MFC In and Computer In. The Computer (Axe-Edit) out is merged w/the MFC Out to the Axe FX In. Works fine.

Are there any ohter solutions for getting both to work at the same time ?

midi-merge-box-2.gif

You need to open and solder 2 extra connectors on the MIDI thru box to enable bi-directional comms between the Axe-Fx and the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom