• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Edit and MFC-101 MIDI Output Merge to Axe-FX MIDI In?

favance

Power User
I would like to Midi Merge the Computer/Axe-Edit Output and the MFC-101 Output/Input into the Axe-FX Input simultaneously and be able to use both. Is this possible?

I tried a Merge All w/the MOTU Micro Express (2 Inputs to 1 Output)...with this Axe-Edit appeared to work, however, the MFC-101 would not read the Axe Display or Parameters...I suspect because most Midi Mergers do are not bi-directional (like the MFC-101 Output).

Is it possible to use both or is the only resort unplugging one or the other? Does anyone know of a Merge Device that has a Bi-Directional Output w/Merge?

thanks.

slyfry

Re: Axe-Edit and MFC-101 MIDI Output Merge to Axe-FX MIDI In

Did you ever figure out a workable solution? I'm in the same boat. My only thought so far is to use a MIDI Merge device for the Computer MIDI OUT and the MFC-101 MIDI OUT to feed into the Axe-Fx MIDI IN. Since the Axe-Fx's MIDI IN is bidirectional as you have mentioned, some sort of Y-connection taking the Axe-Fx's MIDI OUT to both the Computer MIDI IN and the MFC-101 MIDI IN is needed. So, as I see it, we need to use two pieces of hardware: a 2-port MIDI Merge device (like http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm) and a 2-In, 1-Out MIDI thru device (like http://www.midisolutions.com/prodthr.htm). Sound feasible?

Thanks & Regards,
Randy

favance

Power User

I ended up using a Motu Midi Express merging the MFC In and Out w/the Axe FX In/Out. I had to adjust the Buffer/Speed on the Axe-Edit. The Motu uses a USB to connect to the computer/Axe-Edit. In the Motu config I send the Axe FX Out to the MFC In and Computer In. The Computer (Axe-Edit) out is merged w/the MFC Out to the Axe FX In. Works fine.

teddis

Fractal Fanatic

Are there any ohter solutions for getting both to work at the same time ?

Matman

Power User

midi-merge-box-2.gif

You need to open and solder 2 extra connectors on the MIDI thru box to enable bi-directional comms between the Axe-Fx and the MFC.

Top Bottom