Axe-Edit and Logic Pro X issue

Milchek

So I've been up and running with the Axe FX III for a week or so now, loving it. Started tinkering in Logic and re-amping etc, and I've found an issue with Logic Pro X.

Hardware: Macbook Pro 2013

Problem:
Axe Edit freezes or cannot connect when Logic Pro X is running. Otherwise it is fine. This is annoying when trying to tweak amp settings via Axe Edit whilst recording/re-amping with Logic open.

Steps to recreate connection failure
1. Connect Axe FX III via USB, make sure Input and Output in OSX sound settings set to Axe FX
2. Open Logic
3. Attempt to open Axe Edit.

Result:
Green light in Axe Edit says "connected" but text at bottom says "Please wait communicating" and never connects. I notice the Input lights for 'Input 3' on the Axe FX front panel light up green as well - could be related?

Steps to recreate Axe FX freeze
1. Connect Axe FX III via USB, make sure Input and Output in OSX sound settings set to Axe FX
2. Open Axe Edit first and test - all OK, can select presets, edit, etc
3. Open Logic

Result: Axe Edit is no longer response to preset changes and appears stuck on whatever the last preset was. I can change presets via the unit itself, but Axe Edit doesn't update. GUI controls also appear to no longer work (prest button, minimize, pause, etc) on Axe Edit.

Once Axe Edit locks up like this, the only way to get it working again is to turn off the Axe FX and turn it back on. Fractal Bot won't connect either when this happens.

I suspect the 2 green input lights on Input 3 on the front of the Axe FX III display might point in the right direction as to what is going on?

Thanks, Chris, I should've searched for that. Side note though, should the Input 3 lights are lit up on the front of the unit if USB is connected? If I go to Setup, Utilities, USB, I can see that In USB is at about 50 percent.

I dont know if it should be it mine does that. Just the left side though.

I've spoken to support, it looks like this shouldn't be happening and might be a "faulty IC in the #3 input circuit" - I'm going to discuss a little further before sending back for warranty (which would suck because I was enjoying it and only just got my hands on it a week or so ago).

Not sure if yours does this, but if I go to Settings and then IO to adjust the Input 1, 2, 3, and 4 levels, if I use the knobs (C knob or main knob) to adjsut the input levels for Input 3 the green bars light up as well, but they don't light up for any of the other channels when adjusting levels - which leads me to believe something strange is definitely going on.

Does yours do the same?

It's intermittent, too. Right now I've had the unit on for 30 minutes or so and the Input 3 lights haven't come up yet (only when adjusting input levels as mentioned above).

Back
Top Bottom