Axe-Edit and Foot Controller - Routing Issue

Ventanaman

Inspired
Last night I was setting up the Axe Editor and realized that I have to unplug my Midi Mate to free up the "midi in" port to send data or update to the Axe. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't see that before.

Is there any work around to keeping both devices connected?

This is something that I thought about too. I am not certain, but I'd guess something from midi-solutions would do the trick.

Maybe fractal should make one... but the silkscreening may take forever, haha.

I looked through the site and even downloaded the manual, but couldn't find out if it is 5 or 7-pin.

I really like sending the phantom power to my Midi Mate.

Any other solutions?

Midi merge is pretty much the only solution, and I don't know of any with 7 pin support. Midi solutions and MOTU both have options for doing Merge, although the MOTU options are generally more expensive and flexible then just a simple merger. Usually pretty cheap on Ebay though.

After searching through my cabinet of cables, I found a Midi cable with 5-pin and a DC plug on one end and 7-pin on the other end for phantom power without plugging the DC into the AXE.

I can now use the 5-pin ends from the Midi Mate and my Firepod with the Merge device to connect to the single AXE Midi input.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Back
Top Bottom