AXE Edit and .csv files

rickbarclay

Inspired
I stumbled upon a post by GotMetalBoy on 8/8/2014 in which he stated he was able to save a preset as a csv file by pressing
Cntrl+Shift+Alt+Export button in Axe Edit. So I tried it and to my dismay pressing those keys would only save my preset as a
syx file.

Does anybody here know of any way to save a preset in Excel or any other format? I saw GotMetalBoy's csv file example and it
is absolutely awesome. I'm in the process of cataloging my presets and being able to d/l one as a csv file would be help my cause
beau coup. Thanks for any info.

Did a number of exports under AxeEdit 3.1.4 and some older 3.x.x version yesterday. My wish would be for this to be officially added with the other export as text options that currently exist. It would be an added bonus if you could also choose to perform the csv export for an entire bank so don't have to manually hit each preset. Sorry, know that does't answer why not working for you...

Update to original post... tried under latest 3.1.7 holding CTRL+ALT+Shift then clicking Export and it came back promoting to save the csv

Last edited:
doesn't that post talk about a different program called AxeFxReporter?

Read the whole post... it does, but at the end it says this is an Axe Edit feature.

It works - I just tested it 10 minutes ago :)

I am using Windows. It works as described: in Axe Edit press (and hold) CTRL-ALT-SHIFT and then click the "Export" button.

Very nice! Will be using this in the future for sure!

Read the whole post... it does, but at the end it says this is an Axe Edit feature.

It works - I just tested it 10 minutes ago :)

I am using Windows. It works as described: in Axe Edit press (and hold) CTRL-ALT-SHIFT and then click the "Export" button.

Very nice! Will be using this in the future for sure!

nice.

that linked post was confusing :) i'll try later.

Read the whole post... it does, but at the end it says this is an Axe Edit feature. It works - I just tested it 10 minutes ago :) I am using Windows. It works as described: in Axe Edit press (and hold) CTRL-ALT-SHIFT and then click the "Export" button. Very nice! Will be using this in the future for sure!

Your handle is Unix guy and you're running windows... ;-)

Not sure but I think this is a MS-Windows version of Axe-Edit feature.
The OSX version of AE doesn't seem to support this.

Is it also possible to import the settings of this CSV file into a prepared preset? CTRL+SHIFT+ALT + Import doesn't work :D
(this could be an approach to load XL presets into an II, the settings of the available blocks that is, since the routing isn't available in the CSV file)

Last edited:
This is weird. I pounded and pounded Ctrl,Alt, Shift on the right side of the keyboard and clicked Export. All I got was a prompt to save the syx file with
no option.

So just for the hell of it, I decided to try the operation on the left side of the keyboard. There I get prompted to save the preset as a csv file with no other
option. Sooo, it does work. One more reason to hate Windows 8.1.

Thanks for your help folks.

This is weird. I pounded and pounded Ctrl,Alt, Shift on the right side of the keyboard and clicked Export. All I got was a prompt to save the syx file with
no option.

So just for the hell of it, I decided to try the operation on the left side of the keyboard. There I get prompted to save the preset as a csv file with no other
option. Sooo, it does work. One more reason to hate Windows 8.1.

Thanks for your help folks.

Funny... I used the left side of the keyboard, so it worked first time for me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anybody here know of any way to save a preset in Excel or any other format?
You can import CSV file into Excel.

Create new sheet and pick "From Text" option in the Data tab. In import options choose comma as separator type and voila.

Back
Top Bottom