Axe Edit and Bot updates

Flyman1955

Hi Fractal family, Having update issues with Bot and Axe Edit. I can't seem to update either from my mac. Is there a trick I am missing . Bot going from 2.11.1 to 3.0.2 and Axe Edit going from 1.8.7 to 1.9.1

Thanks in advance

Hi Fractal family, Having update issues with Bot and Axe Edit. I can't seem to update either from my mac. Is there a trick I am missing . Bot going from 2.11.1 to 3.0.2 and Axe Edit going from 1.8.7 to 1.9.1

Thanks in advance
You don't specify what update issue you're having, but I'm assuming that you're getting an error from auto update in the app?

The auto update mechanism change for both Fractal-Bot and Axe-Edit in recent versions, so you'll need to install manually (i.e. quit both Ax8-Edit and Fractal-Bot applications, download the Mac installers from the fractal website, double click the .dmg file to mount the disk image, drag the .app onto Applications folder and select "Replace" when prompted that an item already exists with that name) this one time. After that's done auto-update should work the next time to download the apps for you.

MacOS users please note: If updating from 2.11.1 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 3.0.0 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.
MacOS users please note: If updating from 1.8.7 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 1.9.0 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

Back
Top Bottom