1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish Axe-Edit: An option to disable all shortcuts

Discussion in 'Axe-Edit III' started by psimon666, Apr 11, 2019.

1. psimon666

psimon666
    Expand Collapse
    New here

All is in the title.
    The idea is to avoid unwanted shortcut actions while the AxeEdit is opened and when using other software such as DAWs.

2. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

+1. Would be very useful in certain conditions. I think the whole Axe-Edit shortcuts thing could use a couple of new updates like this and the customization of which keys are used.

3. #3 Rane, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Rane

Rane
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Yeah, I can't tell you how often I hit the space key to play on my DAW and end up bypassing an effects block without knowing it. I run dual monitors, so it's easy to get confused about which app is "selected" at any given moment. Definitely an annoying issue.

Customizing of shortcut keys would also be a nice feature... although, I don't even know of another keyboard shortcut aside from the space key that torments me. lol

4. yoitsmegabe

yoitsmegabe
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Can't you just pause axe edit?

5. Kamil Kisiel

Kamil Kisiel
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

maybe an option for “auto pause” when Axe Edit loses focus, which would then require manually unpausing if you want to use it again. I would certainly use this when using it in conjunction with a DAW.

6. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

If it doesn't have focus then the hot keys shouldn't be affecting it...

Freds55 likes this.
  7. Kamil Kisiel

Kamil Kisiel
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Yeah but when you bring it back into focus the hotkeys do, the point would be to pause the communication the first time it goes out of focus, so if you accidentally have it in focus again the hotkeys wouldn't affect your layout

Freds55 and unix-guy like this.
  8. Rane

Rane
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

This isn’t a solution for dual monitor users like myself as it’s not always immediately obvious which screen is “in focus”. The abilitly to remap or disable shortcuts would be ideal.

Freds55 likes this.
  9. Matt_B_77

Matt_B_77
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I use 3 monitors at work and at home so I get it. This would be handy feature.

Freds55 likes this.