Axe-Edit 3.14.6

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit 3.14.6 is now live on the website and auto-update (for Windows users).

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

MacOS users please note: If updating from 3.14.5 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

Customers that have already installed Axe-Edit 3.14.6 from the thread "Axe-Edit 3.14.6 (public beta for Big Sur)" do not have to reinstall the editor. This is the official release of that exact same installer.

AXE-EDIT RELEASE NOTES - PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE USING THE APPLICATION

In general after updating: If Axe-Edit does not connect to your Axe-Fx II, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General. If Axe-Edit does not show new Axe-Fx parameters after a firmware update, do a Block Definitions refresh under Settings: Preferences: Refresh

Release 3.14.6
November 16, 2020

REQUIRES Axe-Fx II Firmware Quantum 5.00 or newer.

New Features

1. Rebuilt the MacOS version of Axe-Edit to support Big Sur.

2. Changed the Help / "View Release Notes..." menu to display the release notes as a text file instead of launching a pdf viewer.

3. Application icon has been changed to better differentiate Axe-Edit for the Axe-Fx II from Axe-Edit III for the Axe-Fx III.

Could you guys possibly add somewhere to put a note in a preset? That way when we are messing around with a preset we can take notes of what we are changing etc...

Maybe make it a new block type, or a note tab on the INPUT or OUTPUT block?

Been wished for many times going back to (at least) Axe Fx II...

Edit:

Just realized this is for Axe-Edit legacy (not likely to be added for a legacy product)

I bought today axe fx 2 mark2 .I want to connected to my computer macbook pro.I dowloaded this firmware but its not working.I updated 3 days ago my macbook now I have big sur 11.2version.while I opened Axe edit program say that disconnected.how can I solve this problem.can you help me ?

I bought today axe fx 2 mark2 .I want to connected to my computer macbook pro.I dowloaded this firmware but its not working.I updated 3 days ago my macbook now I have big sur 11.2version.while I opened Axe edit program say that disconnected.how can I solve this problem.can you help me ?
This just happened to me because I have a III and I accidentally downloaded the axe edit for the 2 version. Anyway you might have done the opposite (downloaded 3 software)?

Did you download and install the USB driver?
yes I downloaded but its not working.writing on screen like this: this driver is not possible to use because its must be upgraded.I tried today with my old macbook pro high sierra version this working perfectly.but with my big sur 11.2 version doesnt work.I am looking all internet forums and page I making all methods but its not help :(

This just happened to me because I have a III and I accidentally downloaded the axe edit for the 2 version. Anyway you might have done the opposite (downloaded 3 software)?
Nope I downloaded axe fx2 last version.I opening the axe edit program last version but its not disconnected.ı thing the usb interface firmware is problematic.its not compatible with big sur version 11.2 anymore

I have a question, it turns out that I have a client who prepared his Mac, he has the axe-fx II and uses Ax edit 3.14.6, and the question is, is it compatible with Sonoma macos? or does it only have support up to bigsur?

Thank you very much for the clarification.

If it were not compatible, what product would I have to buy?

Back
Top Bottom