Axe-Edit 3.14.6 (public beta for Big Sur)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit 3.14.6 is available below. This build adds no new functionality. The editor was rebuilt to support MacOS Big Sur. The Windows version was rebuilt as well to keep the version numbers in line.

MacOS:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-OSX-v3p14p6.dmg

Windows:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Win-v3p14p6.exe

AXE-EDIT RELEASE NOTES - PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE USING THE APPLICATION

In general after updating: If Axe-Edit does not connect to your Axe-Fx II, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General. If Axe-Edit does not show new Axe-Fx parameters after a firmware update, do a Block Definitions refresh under Settings: Preferences: Refresh

Release 3.14.6
November 16, 2020

REQUIRES Axe-Fx II Firmware Quantum 5.00 or newer.

New Features

1. Rebuilt the MacOS version of Axe-Edit to support Big Sur.
2. Changed the Help / "View Release Notes..." menu to display the release notes as a text file instead of launching a pdf viewer.
3. Application icon has been changed to better differentiate Axe-Edit for the Axe-Fx II from Axe-Edit III for the Axe-Fx III.

"In general after updating: If Axe-Edit does not connect to your Axe-Fx II, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General. If Axe-Edit does not show new Axe-Fx parameters after a firmware update, do a Block Definitions refresh under Settings: Preferences: Refresh"

I haven't checked but this would be very good information to include in the release notes - may already be there.

"In general after updating: If Axe-Edit does not connect to your Axe-Fx II, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General. If Axe-Edit does not show new Axe-Fx parameters after a firmware update, do a Block Definitions refresh under Settings: Preferences: Refresh"

I haven't checked but this would be very good information to include in the release notes - may already be there.
It has always been in the Release Notes at the very top of the document.

I registered an account just so I could say how grateful I am that you and the team were able to get a build out to support Big Sur so quickly (and that you cared enough about your users to do it at all...)

In my other life I'm the product manager for VMware Fusion, so I know how much the expectations of users can weigh, and how tricky it is to keep up when Apple makes such big changes so rapidly. Kudos!

I haven't been on here for a very long time but I just had to find my old login info so I could post a sincere thank you to the team at Fractal for this update. It's awesome that you are still taking care of those of us still using the legacy products. I still have my Ultra and my Gen I Axe II is still my main piece of studio equipment. I hope to one day get the Axe III and this kind of customer service only solidifies my resolve to stick with Fractal products in the future. Thanks again!

Thank you Fractal! You are life savers. I upgraded to Big Sur and totally forgot about Axe-Edit. One small panic attack later at rehearsal tonight, and I was here and 2 minutes later back in business. You guys rock so much!!!!

Back
Top Bottom