Axe-Edit 3.14.6 (public beta for Big Sur)

I was on Mac OS Mojave before and didn't upgrade because Big Sur wasnt supported yet for the Axe Fx 2. I just downloaded and ran the new axe editor that supoorts Big Sur and ran it on Mojave and it worked just fine. So, I upgraded to Big Sur and now the editor does not recognize the Axe Fx. Anyone else having this issue?

I was on Mac OS Mojave before and didn't upgrade because Big Sur wasnt supported yet for the Axe Fx 2. I just downloaded and ran the new axe editor that supoorts Big Sur and ran it on Mojave and it worked just fine. So, I upgraded to Big Sur and now the editor does not recognize the Axe Fx. Anyone else having this issue?
What USB driver do you have? Make sure it's the 2019 version.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-downloads/

I just stopped myself in time. All these version numbers and similar names are so confusing.

I hadn't realized before that THIS program - Axe-Edit - is for the AxeFx2. I have an AxeFx3, and the program I use for that is Axe-Edit III.

This program is v3.14.6. Axe-Edit III is on v1.08

It's all very confusing, and not really clear - I almost installed this program, thinking it was the latest, updated Axe-Edit for my AxeFx3.

Having all the version NUMBERS and the app NAMES much clearer might help to prevent some folks from disasters, and wondering why their Axe Edit won't connect to their unit.

I just stopped myself in time. All these version numbers and similar names are so confusing.

I hadn't realized before that THIS program - Axe-Edit - is for the AxeFx2. I have an AxeFx3, and the program I use for that is Axe-Edit III.

This program is v3.14.6. Axe-Edit III is on v1.08

It's all very confusing, and not really clear - I almost installed this program, thinking it was the latest, updated Axe-Edit for my AxeFx3.

Having all the version NUMBERS and the app NAMES much clearer might help to prevent some folks from disasters, and wondering why their Axe Edit won't connect to their unit.
The icon was updated, so that source of confusion is gone, at least. The good news is that if you had installed this, Axe-Edit III would remain installed, so you wouldn’t have lost anything.

Last edited:
My reply to notalemming:

You're right. I tested the new Axe FX 2 editor (for Big Sur) on my 2017 iMac and it worked, but wasnt working on my 2018 Macbook Pro. I had the driver and editor working just fine before updating to Big Sur, but for some reason I needed to reinstall the 2019 driver that you linked. Now after installing that driver again everything is working just fine. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom