Axe-Edit 3.14.5

Mike - auto update for .5 crashes on High Sierra and Mojave machines.

Download from AE page .dmg file, works as intended.

Thanks

@Michael Pickens

Hi Mike;

The Ten-Tap-Delay bug when changing Delay Time with the taper in the editor is still there!
ARES 1.03 & Edit 3.14.5.
Changing the values manually by editing the edit-field works well.

Oh, I forgot ...
macOS Sierra system!

Kind regards,
Mike

Last edited:
Ok, got a GUI question about Axe Edit on Mojave. I'm using my Macbook pro 2018 with an external monitor and noticing that when i activate the tuner while axe edit is displaying on the screen of the MBP, the GUI becomes very laggy. When I move it up to the external monitor, it becomes completely smooth. I've tried this with different monitors and it all is the same. The external is fine, while the regular display isn't. And this seems to just affect Axe Edit. Any ideas?
I'm running Mojave on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro, with 16Gb RAM and a 1TB SSD. I had done a fresh install of the OS and have the latest drivers and AxeEdit installed.
I face extreme lag when using Axe Edit. I click on a block and its a few seconds before I'm able to do anything. The AxeFxII is connected directly to the USB port, no hubs in between. I'm clueless at this point..I must mention that My Macbook is quite fast when using other applications, I see this issue only when using Axe Edit.Looks like I'm not alone on this..

I'm running Mojave on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro, with 16Gb RAM and a 1TB SSD. I had done a fresh install of the OS and have the latest drivers and AxeEdit installed.
I face extreme lag when using Axe Edit. I click on a block and its a few seconds before I'm able to do anything. The AxeFxII is connected directly to the USB port, no hubs in between. I'm clueless at this point..I must mention that My Macbook is quite fast when using other applications, I see this issue only when using Axe Edit.Looks like I'm not alone on this..

Your MAC is fast enough, that's not the issue. Try delete the Axe-Edit preferences files:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings

Also make sure that your USB cable isn't too long. I tried once with with a cable over 2m in length and it caused issues.

Your MAC is fast enough, that's not the issue. Try delete the Axe-Edit preferences files:
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings

Also make sure that your USB cable isn't too long. I tried once with with a cable over 2m in length and it caused issues.
Thanks for sharing from your experience. I did the deletion of the Axe Edit preferences file, restarted Axe Edit, but it did not resolve the issue.
I changed USB cables to a much shorter one but I still see a lag. Definitely my windows PC manages Axe Edit beautifully through one of the same USB cables that I tried.
Hope it's some sort of driver issue that FAS can resolve.
If there's any other inputs I'd definitely check on and report back..

Thanks for sharing from your experience. I did the deletion of the Axe Edit preferences file, restarted Axe Edit, but it did not resolve the issue.
I changed USB cables to a much shorter one but I still see a lag. Definitely my windows PC manages Axe Edit beautifully through one of the same USB cables that I tried.
Hope it's some sort of driver issue that FAS can resolve.
If there's any other inputs I'd definitely check on and report back..

Didi you re-install the drivers well? BTW, any other issues with the MAC? It could be as simple as re-install the OS.

Didi you re-install the drivers well? BTW, any other issues with the MAC? It could be as simple as re-install the OS.
No other issues that I can observe with the MAC. In fact I had upgraded the hardware to 16Gb/1TB SSD (from 4Gb/1Tb HDD) and reinstalled the OS and drivers recently thinking that is to blame for the slowness factor. But at the time, the MAC was generally slow. So reinstall drivers and OS - has been done already.

I wonder if the couple of other folks who saw similar behavior got any solution..?

Ok, got a GUI question about Axe Edit on Mojave. I'm using my Macbook pro 2018 with an external monitor and noticing that when i activate the tuner while axe edit is displaying on the screen of the MBP, the GUI becomes very laggy. When I move it up to the external monitor, it becomes completely smooth. I've tried this with different monitors and it all is the same. The external is fine, while the regular display isn't. And this seems to just affect Axe Edit. Any ideas?

Same here! Also stop connecting after the 10.14.6 update, dont recognise my XL and AX8... anyone else?

Same here! Also stop connecting after the 10.14.6 update, dont recognise my XL and AX8... anyone else?
Same here too! The most boring thing is the tuner on axe edit which has become super choppy and not as fluid as when i had quantum firmware. I also did a fresh install of the whole system (Mojave). I have a i7 32gb 1tb SSD Mac. This happens since i upgraded to Ares and not with this particular Axe edit update.
Anybody else?

Last edited:
Hello Michael.

This weekend I have been updating my 1000+ Dream Rigs for the XL/XL to work with Ares 1.03. I am using the latest Axe-Edit. Wanted you to know I have repeatedly an issue come up. I cannot figure out the trigger though?

I go to a preset in Axe-Edit, make my adjustments for the new firmware (which are usually just Leveling changes and maybe some small EQ or switching the Cab Shelf from 6db to 12db).

I hit SAVE, then I use the preset number locator to advance to the next preset to edit that one. And 1 in 10 times Axe-Edit will take the prior preset I was working on and just saved, and advance it to the next preset number (wiping out the one I wanted to edit next).

It's like the buffer doesn't clear and when Axe-Edit gets the command from the preset number to advance, it interprets that as a SAVE. But here is the thing -- it is not predictably happening every time, It only happens every 20 or so presets. I did 200 presets and about 10 or 12 times I had to re-load the old preset to fix what Axe-Edit had mistakenly carried up one number then saved for second time in the next numbered slot.

So it's weird behavior and thought I should list it here for you (and in case others have encountered it_. I have in fact exited the program and re-started it a few times but it still happens. Just an FYI, thankfully I can work around it. - AB

Got even weirder. I was working on updating then saving preset 346 (Rhy2) when Axe-edit actually took the next preset (High Gian) and on it's own copied that over the Vai clean I had in slot 349.- it is jumping even 1 further than where I am!

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 9.23.46 PM.png

And then it did it again -- duplicating a "Love of God" presets that was just one right when I took the above screen shot. Something is wrong. My MFC101 is on -- maybe that's part of it?

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 9.28.31 PM.png

Hey everybody, I don’t know if anybody else has noticed yet but for macOS 11 (Big Sur) the latest Axe-Edit 3 (for Axe-Fx II) fails to launch. Is this something likely to be fixed or are we bound to OSX forevermore?

As a side note, the axe-fx driver bootloader stil functions.

Hey everybody, I don’t know if anybody else has noticed yet but for macOS 11 (Big Sur) the latest Axe-Edit 3 (for Axe-Fx II) fails to launch. Is this something likely to be fixed or are we bound to OSX forevermore?

As a side note, the axe-fx driver bootloader stil functions.
is Big Sur a public release?

is Big Sur a public release?
Not yet.

Fractal has a history of keeping current with OSes, but an OS that's still in beta might not be supported. It's hard to develop to a moving target. :)

Not yet.

Fractal has a history of keeping current with OSes, but an OS that's still in beta might not be supported. It's hard to develop to a moving target. :)

Yeah, true. Just curious as the Axe-Fx II is now a “legacy” device. I don’t recall if the Ultra/Standard models remained supported editor software-wise after the II hit the streets.

Same issue on Big Sur for me. 3.14.5 crashes impossible to launch. I hope they will release a update soon

Back
Top Bottom