1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Axe-Edit 3.14.5

Discussion in 'Axe-Edit (Gen I, II only)' started by Michael Pickens, Apr 1, 2019.

1. rodzimguitar68

rodzimguitar68
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Mike - auto update for .5 crashes on High Sierra and Mojave machines.

Download from AE page .dmg file, works as intended.

Thanks

2. #22 LPaulasBestFriend, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    LPaulasBestFriend

LPaulasBestFriend
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Germany ... where the wild roses grow ...
    @Michael Pickens

Hi Mike;

The Ten-Tap-Delay bug when changing Delay Time with the taper in the editor is still there!
    ARES 1.03 & Edit 3.14.5.
    Changing the values manually by editing the edit-field works well.

Oh, I forgot ...
    macOS Sierra system!

Kind regards,
    Mike

3. indeloon85

indeloon85
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Is anyone getting GUI lag on Mojave with this release?

4. jarabuandi

jarabuandi
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

What do you mean by GUI lag?

5. slash07

slash07
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I'm running Mojave on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro, with 16Gb RAM and a 1TB SSD. I had done a fresh install of the OS and have the latest drivers and AxeEdit installed.
    I face extreme lag when using Axe Edit. I click on a block and its a few seconds before I'm able to do anything. The AxeFxII is connected directly to the USB port, no hubs in between. I'm clueless at this point..I must mention that My Macbook is quite fast when using other applications, I see this issue only when using Axe Edit.Looks like I'm not alone on this..

6. jarabuandi

jarabuandi
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Your MAC is fast enough, that's not the issue. Try delete the Axe-Edit preferences files:
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings

Also make sure that your USB cable isn't too long. I tried once with with a cable over 2m in length and it caused issues.

slash07 likes this.
  7. slash07

slash07
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Thanks for sharing from your experience. I did the deletion of the Axe Edit preferences file, restarted Axe Edit, but it did not resolve the issue.
    I changed USB cables to a much shorter one but I still see a lag. Definitely my windows PC manages Axe Edit beautifully through one of the same USB cables that I tried.
    Hope it's some sort of driver issue that FAS can resolve.
    If there's any other inputs I'd definitely check on and report back..

8. jarabuandi

jarabuandi
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Didi you re-install the drivers well? BTW, any other issues with the MAC? It could be as simple as re-install the OS.

9. slash07

slash07
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

No other issues that I can observe with the MAC. In fact I had upgraded the hardware to 16Gb/1TB SSD (from 4Gb/1Tb HDD) and reinstalled the OS and drivers recently thinking that is to blame for the slowness factor. But at the time, the MAC was generally slow. So reinstall drivers and OS - has been done already.

I wonder if the couple of other folks who saw similar behavior got any solution..?