Axe-Edit 3.12.2 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit 3.12.2 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Release Notes

Bug Fixes:
1. Reverted the preset loading back to 3.12.0 functionality.

Please note: If you are currently running firmware Quantum 6.03, then please update to Quantum 6.03.1 (see link at bottom of post). To determine if you are running Quantum 6.03.1, from the front panel of the Axe-Fx press the UTILITY button and navigate to the FIRMWARE tab. The Axe-Fx only provides the major and the minor version numbers (in this case 6 and 03) to Axe-Edit.

Axe-Edit 3.12.2 will work with Quantum 3.00 and greater.

To download Quantum 6.03.1 please see post #1 of
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-quantum-rev-6-03-firmware-released.122901/

Just dl'd and installed the newest version of Fractal Bot (2.8.1) and installed the latest AxeII MKI firmware (Q6.03.1) and axe Edit (3.12.2).

Now every time I launch Axe Edit it needs to query the Axe for Block definitions.
Once running, after doing the query AE seems to operate properly.
But after quitting and relaunching it the query is needed again.
Something's not right here.
Mac OS 10.12.2

Just dl'd and installed the newest version of Fractal Bot (2.8.1) and installed the latest AxeII MKI firmware (Q6.03.1) and axe Edit (3.12.2).

Now every time I launch Axe Edit it needs to query the Axe for Block definitions.
Once running, after doing the query AE seems to operate properly.
But after quitting and relaunching it the query is needed again.
Something's not right here.
Mac OS 10.12.2

I'll take a look.

i also noticed on my mkII that when you double click a block it doesn't toggle it on or off. i have to right click and mouse over to "engage". this is no bueno...
thanks for looking into it.

I tried rolling back to AE 3.12.1 but it doesn't seem to work at all.
3.12.0 seems fine.
What are the potential issues if I keep using the older version (3.12.0) for now?

I tried rolling back to AE 3.12.1 but it doesn't seem to work at all.
3.12.0 seems fine.
What are the potential issues if I keep using the older version (3.12.0) for now?

None. However, 3.12.3 will be out before the end of day to address the above problems as there was one bug fix in 3.12.1 (the overlapping dialogs) I'd like to have released.

Can't even get my axe edit to open any blocks, it times out. Anxiously awaiting the new version so the friday night rock can commence!

Me too - all that stuff everybody said. Came here to check to see if my problems were unique, and found this thread. Anxious to get the program number screen to pop up when I change patches.

I'd really like to be able to force lock the VU meter screen when I am connected to Axe-Edit, since I spend a lot of time hitting utility and reset to go back and forth checking levels.....

Me too - all that stuff everybody said. Came here to check to see if my problems were unique, and found this thread. Anxious to get the program number screen to pop up when I change patches.

I'd really like to be able to force lock the VU meter screen when I am connected to Axe-Edit, since I spend a lot of time hitting utility and reset to go back and forth checking levels.....

Yes!
I would appreciate this option too!
It's annoying, to go back to the VU-page, everytime after changing a scene.
Would be great, to change this behavior, Michael ;-)

Regards
Mike

I rolled back on 6.02 and 3.12.0. I dont want to go through bad updates like yesterday.I am disappointed and with a lot more cautious.

I always wait at least a week before updating anything. Don't get disappointed so fast. Any other company would make us wait days... weeks... months... to get things resolved. FAS gets disappointed when things don't work too and that's why they're always on top of things and resolve things for us so quickly. I have never dealt with another company that has as much dedication as FAS.

I always wait at least a week before updating anything. Don't get disappointed so fast. Any other company would make us wait days... weeks... months... to get things resolved. FAS gets disappointed when things don't work too and that's why they're always on top of things and resolve things for us so quickly. I have never dealt with another company that has as much dedication as FAS.

Spot on!
Great support, fruitful cooperation with us users!
That makes the difference to a lot of other companies!

And ...
We all make mistakes!
So FAS!
That's part of the human beeing!

So let us be indulgent ;-)

Here's a workaround if you're connected to Axe-Edit with a USB cable. Install the Orban Loudness Meter: http://www.orban.com/orban/meter/

Once Installed, open it and go to the Settings tab
* Under Startup > Autostart, select On, or else you will always have to hit the button at the bottom of the main window to enable the meters
* Under Audio > Audio Device, at the middle of the list under Input select Line (Axe-Fx)
* Under Display > Meter Range, select EBU +18 Scale
* Click on the Meters tab and you will now see the meters move as you play through the Axe-Fx II
* On the bottom 2 meters, when the signal reaches -10 dBFS, that's the same as the 0 dB line on the Axe-Fx II Utility VU meter
* You can re-size the window, so you can put it next to Axe-Edit even on a small laptop screen

I personally think the Orban Loudness Meter is much easier on the eyes than trying to look at the Axe-Fx II VU meters but it would be cool if they could be integrated into Axe-Edit, so we wouldn't have to keep looking at 2 different screens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom