Axe-Edit 3.12.0 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit 3.12.0 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Release Notes

New Features:

1. AxeManage::CABS now supports the importing of .wav IR files. WAV files must be imported using the Browser window. Importing a stereo WAV file will produce two entries in the Browser, one entry for the left and one entry for the right channel.

Important Note

Click the "Browser" tag in the top-left corner of AxeManage:CABS to view the Browser menu. "IR Processing Mode" and "IR Output Format" allow you to customize the cabinet format that is saved to the device.

Last edited:
Thanks man !!

This app has turned into a world class app ! I came on board the Fractal wagon when we were encouraged NOT to use the version of AE that was available.

Look how far we've come !

Imported .WAV and .IR files are converted to sysex format when sent to the device.

Hi Mike;

That has been a brilliant idea !!! ;-)
Thanks for that great Christmas Special ;-)

Oh man :)
Please forget the rest of my post!!!
I just read your OP again to be on the safe side ...
So I saw the last part of the Important Note ...
You can call me a blind man ;-))))

But I have a little question about the format of the imported cabs.

In CabLab I can choose between different types/options to convert *.wav into *.syx:
Standard & UltraRes for resolution and Min Phase & Auto Trim.

In the browser menu (Cab Manager) of the new Axe-Edit, there are 2 menu options in the bottom lines,
IR Processing Mode & IR Output Format.
I know, that in the last versions of the editor, they have been the options for exporting cabs to the computer.
But ...
Do they now also correspond to the CabLab convert function for importing a wav into cab?

Otherwise, what kind of format have the imported cabs?

Thank you, have a nice weekend and kindly regards ;-)
Mike

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering since I have AXE Edit Version 3.11.0
and there seems to be a newer "Axe-Edit for OS XVersion 3.12.0 - Decemeber 16, 2016"

my question is do I need to uninstall the one I have AXE Edit Version 3.11.0
or is it safe to just down load the new version and just install it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 8.50.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 8.50.05 PM.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
my question is do I need to uninstall the one I have AXE Edit Version 3.11.0
or is it safe to just down load the new version and just install it?

The installer asks you if you want to remove the old version. Just say yes and it will remove the existing version and install the new version.

seems to have a bug on stereo cab block preset +scratchpad 1&2.
ir seems to not be affected in auto audition mode. i must dig it to be sure

facebook-like.gif

Am going wrong somewhere. I select import using the axe manage browser and go to the folder with my IR wave files but it is not seeing them as it only wants to see sys* type files. It does not give me the option to change this.
Also tried drag and drop and it says use the axe manage browser as per above.
thanks

Am going wrong somewhere. I select import using the axe manage browser and go to the folder with my IR wave files but it is not seeing them as it only wants to see sys* type files. It does not give me the option to change this.
Also tried drag and drop and it says use the axe manage browser as per above.
thanks

And you're certain you are using Axe-Manage Cabs? I ask because I see you just mention "Axe-Manage", and there's two, one for presets and one for cabs. Presets is only gonna see .syx files for sure.

Back
Top Bottom