Axe-Edit 3.1 released!

I'm finding the same - can't select any favorites.
I'm also on Win7 64bit and running latest FW 15.06.

are you trying to select favorites from the right side? those are files already on your axe.

the favorites function is to help you select the new files you are auditioning from your computer, in the Left side, the Browser panel. i was just demoing the new features in my live video chat for a few people, but i have to head out for now.

i'll be back though and can show you how it works. i'll probably make a short youtube video as well sometime this week.

Ok just slap me around for being a total tard. I get it now and see it works. This is wildly cool. Although the button issue not aligning does still exist, not major but a cosmetic issue.

You're not the only one; thanks for taking one for the team and asking b/c I couldn't figure it out either.

Is it possible to load a bank of presets into the browser, select a subset, and then save that subset into a new bank totally within the browser or do you have to clear out a bank in the Axe-Fx, move the selected presets there, and then save the bank? Sure would be nice to be able to browse, select, and then either create a new bank or add to an existing bank without having to disturb what is already loaded on the Axe. I've tried to do that but "save as" just resaves the entire bank, not what I selected. Maybe there is a way that I don't see yet.

Is there any reason the browser can't work without the Axe-FX?
Even if we still can't edit presets, it still would be amazing to be able to reorder presets and create/edit banks offline.

I hate to complain because I love Fractal, my Axe Fx 2 XL and the amazing customer service but I noticed the new AXE EDIT is quite slower than it used to be in regards to loading patches. Its probably takes twice as long now to load a patch in a bank than before and the new browser is slow as well when auditioning patches (should there be a pause when you switch to the next patch?). I have to wait a few seconds for each patch to load. I can totally live with this but verified things were slower than before. Editing patches seems to be the same as before (which is what I mainly care about) so its hardly the end of the world for me.

I am using a top of the line IMAC with an AXE FX 2 XL. I did reset the AXE system parameters and rebooted it several times.

Let me know if this is an issue or working as intended or perhaps something wrong on my end.

Thanks

Is it possible to load a bank of presets into the browser, select a subset, and then save that subset into a new bank totally within the browser

Yes, but instead of "select a subset" you'll want to select the ones you DON'T want, then delete them.

If you're seeing button alignment issues, please re-download and re-install. We made a last minute fix to that.

Any interest in a webinar on the new browser? I can do 100 people at a time.
Im glad I read this because I downloaded the file within minutes of the release while I was at work and saved it to my google drive. I installed that file when I got home. So I have "the old one" and need to download the fix and install it instead.

Back
Top Bottom