Axe-Edit 3.1.5 Released

Well this is a confusing thread. I didn't expect to be sent to anywhere other than Fractal's own website. Almost seems click-bait in nature to me.

Ah yes...no good deed goes unpunished. lol

Chris tries to do us all a favor, and all he gets is complaints...eeesh. :disgust:

Ah yes...no good deed goes unpunished. lol

Chris tries to do us all a favor, and all he gets is complaints...eeesh. :disgust:

no he's right. when i post on the FAS forum, i should link to the FAS direct links first.

it does help me though when people click on my blog. to make it worthwhile, i try to put additional insight and tips - and important info that people really should know - in the articles on my site.

i'm trying to make it possible to continue doing the website without making anyone pay subscription fees or anything out of pocket. the ads and your views on my site help with that.

Hi all, if you appreciate Chris and all he does (hat tip to reclavea), join me in kicking in some bucks to help him get an AX-8 for his amusement and so he can teach us all how to master it. Check out his website if you haven't heard about his AX-8 fundraiser. Thanks Chris, you're one of the big assets of this forum.

Then why take the time to post in a thread I started and bump it to the top? Why don't you just stay out of my threads, Severed. You obviously don't like what I do. And lately you've gone out of your way to make sure people know it.

That's completely fine. But going into my fundraiser thread just to say "I'd never do this" is just plain silly. Are you trying to prove something to people? Make a statement? Tell me something? I just don't get it.

Please do wait for FAS to say "3.1.5 is released." But that doesn't mean you have to post here in a thread I started.

I really don't understand some of you guys :|

Maybe I'll go through some post history to see what you've contributed here so I can see what I'm lacking by comparison. I must be doing something wrong to make you act this way.

Last edited:
Then why take the time to post in a thread I started and bump it to the top? Why don't you just stay out of my threads, Severed. You obviously don't like what I do. And lately you've gone out of your way to make sure people know it.

That's completely fine. But going into my fundraiser thread just to say "I'd never do this" is just plain silly. Are you trying to prove something to people? Make a statement? Tell me something? I just don't get it.

Please do wait for FAS to say "3.1.5 is released." But that doesn't mean you have to post here in a thread I started.

Maybe I'll go through some post history to see what you've contributed here so I can see what I'm lacking by comparison. I must be doing something wrong to make you act this way.

Isn't it interesting how you always lash out?

You posted what could easily be mistaken for an official post. I replied to that effect? In fact, I've never seen a "Release" thread by anyone else except by official parties until yesterday.. hmmm....

You really assume a lot, and it's always negative. I wonder why that is? Are you really this fragile? :roll

Chris - no one is diminishing your contributions to the forum because basically, they can't. However, I only initially questioned it because FAS may already be working on another edition of Axe-Edit with more advanced functionality for the official release. That is perhaps why FAS did not announce it themselves. Is this announcement a big deal? Certainly not. Is digitally blowing up at specific individuals a big deal? Depends on how we all choose to handle it.

We are all for people who want to help FAS and forum members learn more about these devices where training could seem to be lacking from the manuals. I have contributed to your site previously willingly because of the videos that helped me configure my expression pedals.

Just an observation that since you have "come back to the ranch" you do seem a bit more tense on the forum. Is everything ok? Do you want some ElevenRacks to blow up or something? [sincere concern]

You posted what could easily be mistaken for an official post. I replied to that effect? In fact, I've never seen a "Release" thread by anyone else except by official parties until yesterday.. hmmm....

You really assume a lot, and it's always negative. I wonder why that is? Are you really this fragile? :roll

Why act like a total duck? Chris is known for being a super helpful and dedicated guy who really only wants to make life easier for us Axe users and also doing it for 100% free, out of his free time and kindness. So what if he posts that Axe-Edit is out? I could have posted it too, or anyone else who noticed it. Have to agree on the above: I really don't understand some of you guys...

I only initially questioned it because FAS may already be working on another edition of Axe-Edit with more advanced functionality for the official release. That is perhaps why FAS did not announce it themselves.

Good question, especially seeing as how FAS hasn't posted an official thread or commented here. Would be awesome if M@ or Cliff would post something here to let us know if this version isn't ready for primetime, or if we're all good with this one.

Does this works fine for Ax Fx II cause i have just install it and although i have FW 18 and windows 7 Axe edit keeps showing ''Disconected!'' , i opened and closed the app as though and the unit many times but still says ''Disconected!'' ,might be like a bug or something ? ...before i updated eveything was working properly , any idea ?

Last edited:
Good question, especially seeing as how FAS hasn't posted an official thread or commented here. Would be awesome if M@ or Cliff would post something here to let us know if this version isn't ready for primetime, or if we're all good with this one.

The link Chris has linked is directly from the FAS website. So FAS themselves posted the new firmware.

Does this works fine for Ax Fx II cause i have just install it and although i have FW 18 and windows 7 Axe edit keeps showing ''Disconected!'' , i opened and closed the app as though and the unit many times but still says ''Disconected!'' ,might be like a bug or something ? ...before i updated eveything was working properly , any idea ?

Reboot and/or reload of the USB drivers?

Douche bag! Chris is the man! get off his dic# already! He is always trying to help. You are just here to cause trouble. Were practically a family here in the FAS forum and you are the shi##y son no-one gives attention to because you don't contribute anything yourself!

For your benefit, I'll tell you my honest thoughts and stuff that I pick up on (and others may too I notice)...

1) The positive stuff. Thanks for those.

2) If it is your intention to become some part of FAS, then "go for it" and don't act as if it totally isn't (not 100% sure you did, but I thought so).

3) If it totally isn't: "get a life!" ;) This really "leads to nothing", or more of what you already went through and may well repeat itself. Why set yourself up for more butthurt? These things can become everlasting self-worth issues.
I mean: it *is* great of you to give of your time to help people, but in the end it may turn out to be like watching TV: mostly for nought and valuable time lost forever, unless something already came of it that makes it all worthwhile. There's a lot of subjects, tech or guitar playing you could study up on instead. The current behavior does make some people think you mainly have a need for attention. It *is* addictive to help out people that are appreciative, but the most important thing is always to keep a good balance. If you are sure you are doing that (meaning: no whining in the future), by all means continue.

4) You do very subtly insinuate ("lash out") in many of your posts how dumb a lot of people seem to be... I could make a list, just like you like to do sometimes, but I hope you already know. In fact, I completely agree with that sentiment, but I wouldn't express it in every post or just stop doing what I do if it irritates me so much.

If you truely just want and like doing what you are doing, drop 4) and all stuff related, like victim mentality, going over people's comments to prove you are right, etc. It's all very understandable and I've been there, but there's so much exciting stuff to do or study up on instead...!

Good luck and thanks for the blog overviews :)
There really should be someone that does those and gets something out of it.

severed said:
I've never seen a "Release" thread by anyone else except by official parties until yesterday.. hmmm....
Can't support you there. I think I may well have seen dozens (firmware point updates, Axe-Edit, Fractal-bot, manuals, ...).

Last edited:
Official FAS Site: Fractal Audio Systems - Axe-Edit 3.0 Software Editor for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II Guitar Processor

My article with additional info: Axe-Edit 3.1.5 Released | AxeFxTutorials.com

Support for XL+ and Firmware 18! 3.1.5 REQUIRES FW18, so if you are on FW17 or older, do NOT update your Axe-Edit!

Also updated my Latest Info page. I try to keep that as up-to-date as possible: Latest Info | AxeFxTutorials.com

Is this just for XL users?

Back
Top Bottom