Axe-Edit 3.1.4 released

First – thanks!

Second – I can't believe that I'm the first to observe that this is the Special Commemorative "Pi" Edition of Axe-Edit! For the roundest tones yet.

I'm hoping the next few updates are incremental, so we can milk this for a while… 3.1415926, etc. :)

Second – I can't believe that I'm the first to observe

You're not...
wink.gif

axe-edit 3.1.4, firmware 7.02, mac pro, OS 10.8.5, regular mouse and a regular trackpad

Did this:
- Launched axe-edit, axefx shows as connected, preset loads, blocks display their parameters when clicked
- Launched axe-manage cabs, browser window opens
- "Audition to" displays "scratchpad 1" in its pulldown window
- Auto-audition not engaged
- clicked question mark
- cab audition help window opens and displays "double clicking a cab in the browser pane automatically sends it to the axe-fx for auditioning"

Double-clicked a user cab in the browser window (which had already been sent to user memory in axe-fx)
Nothing happened, currently loaded cab on axe-fx front panel didn't change. Double-clicked other user cabs. Nothing happened. Actually that's not correct. A slow double-click enables cab rename in axe-edit browser window. Double-clicking fast doesn't do anything.

Tried to solve. Here's what I did
- close and relaunch axe-manage cabs, browser window opens
- same display as before
- Engaged auto-audition button, told it to assign current cab to scratchpad 1
- clicked OK
- audio goes away because cab is now assigned to scratchpad 1 on front panel of axe-fx
- clicked question mark. It displays "auto-audition allows you to single click or use the up/down arrows to audition a cab"

Single clicked on a cab in the browser window. Nothing happened. Used up/down arrows to audition, nothing happened. Single clicked on other cabs. Nothing happened, no audio, no cab loaded etc.

Did the above several times and results are the same.

Axe-Edit provides a TON of value to my FAS experience as a customer. I consider it a requirement for my use. Keep up the good work it is appreciated.

This could be the issue. There are no user cabs in the browser window.

There aren't? Maybe these images will help.
Axe-manage browser window, showing user cabs available to audition.
15387484603_3d7da90440_c.jpg

Same window with help window accessed by clicking the question mark
16007127255_af684048a0_c.jpg

I followed the help instructions and it's not loading the user cab into the scratchpad.

That's not the browser window. :)
Thanks. Since every axe-edit window has the NAME of the window in the top left corner, I naturally assumed since BROWSER was in the top left corner, I was looking at the browser window.

Yeah, I know. Your first thought is that the window is labeled "Browser," but it's not.

Yeah, I know. Your first thought is that the window is labeled "Browser," but it's not.
So…the user-friendly interface experience continues:

I figured out how to audition cabs in cab manage, but you can only see one row. You can make that grey browser window larger but it still only shows one row, forcing you into MORE mouse navigation.

The one-click and arrow is cool. But all you can do is listen to the cab at whatever your amp tone controls are at. You can't adjust amp tone controls to see if a small tweak will make that cabinet "the one." You can use axe-fx front panel, but axe-edit freaks out and starts throwing up alerts, forcing you into MORE mouse navigation.

It's under development, features are still being dialed in, the communication protocol sets limits on what you can do. I understand this. Just pointing out stuff is slowing down user productivity.

Got dialed in time to run out the door to the gig though, so that's an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom