Axe-Edit 3.0 Sent to Final Testers

thats too bad, axe manage is how I quickly audition presets and amp cabs, which is one of my primary uses of axe edit. fractal bot just isnt the same. so what is our typical time frame for axe 3 , and axe manage ?

Rome wasn't built in a day. Like Fractal Bot has grown more useful over time but started as a stable, easy to use and SOLID app... so will AE 3.0. AM will come, Matt has indicated on this thread it is a priority. Let's get this solid and get it working for everyone first. Pragmatic, deliberate and dependable. One thing at a time, not rushing to add features and options first or we'll all be waiting for much more time. And we've all patiently (most of us) waited long enough.

LOL.

Please sir - if you'd like me to review the 3.0 beta tonight, uh, for possible infringement of copyright, trademark or patent rights I would be more than happy to (load up my Axe and wail away all night long), I mean, to do so sir, and at absolutely no charge to FAS! :fox:

smcrosby, esq.- registered with the U.S.P.T.O. <= not kidding

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Axe Manage a lot, I wonder if we could continue to use the Axe Manage in 1.9 and use the editing features of Axe Edit 3.0 while we are waiting for the new version of Axe Manage?

Some people symphx are just never happy, are they? ;)

some people like to make others feel bad ? I just expected after a year of promises that axe edit would be fully functional, not come in pieces; I guess some people FEEL THE NEED to judge what is integral to others, and if their desires are covered/taken care of, then it is ok for THEM, to flame others. I for one have never flamed denegrated or nearly ever complained on this site. So if you offend I will defend.

some people like to make others feel bad ? I just expected after a year of promises that axe edit would be fully functional, not come in pieces; I guess some people FEEL THE NEED to judge what is integral to others, and if their desires are covered/taken care of, then it is ok for THEM, to flame others. I for one have never flamed denegrated or nearly ever complained on this site. So if you offend I will defend.

Get some sleep. Posts like these are useless, unfortunately, since they don't contribute to the development of the amenities we eventually take for granted.

Come on guys! Lets not take a really good day with great news and turn the thread it into yet another diatribe about AE.

Let me tell you, the beta team has hit this hard all day today and there have been shockingly few bugs for a first beta!

Also, as we have all been on this ride together we all know the new team started from scratch less than 6 months ago. I have been in the business for over 30 years I have to honestly say I am both impressed and surprised that so much has been accomplished at such a high quality in such a short timespan. Let's enjoy what we are getting and know that a precedent has been set. Axe Manage will be along soon enough.

The new Axe EDit 3.0 beta so far is solid as a tank compared to ver 1 Axe Edits, it's like having the front panel from the hardware on your screen - totally seamless communications, reads it fast and changes it fast, much better than in the past. Not had a crash yet. Amp X/Y is working smoothly. Still a lot of features to come we all want but the main guts and GUI is there. If things go right you will be able to access Fractal Bot from inside Axe Edit 3.0 it looks like, and eventually Axe Manage as well. Some other cool things little are that the cab choices are now all on one screen instead of two (at least if you have a large display), if that holds, and are numbered -- making it easier to use the Wiki guides that say "with Amp X, use Cab 45. xxxxx." Can't more and hope I haven't said too much to get into trouble!

I use Axe Manage a lot, I wonder if we could continue to use the Axe Manage in 1.9 and use the editing features of Axe Edit 3.0 while we are waiting for the new version of Axe Manage?

I'm in same boat, and hope this will be the case. I will try it this weekend and see.

Think one key is, you need to save your FW 10+ banks using Fractal Bot first (not Axe Edit!!!) then open Axe Manage and use "Import bank" from a Fractal Bot saved bank into Axe-Manage and then manipulate/organize....hopefully (fingers crossed) it will save as a bank file ok (questionable/don't know yet) and will also send to AXE II okay (we'll see).

It's possible you may have to export the re-organized bank from Axe Manage and then use Fractal Bot to send it to the AXE II as final -- we beta testers will mess around and report back, in case it does or doesn't work.

I am patient. It will be there when finished. Till then a big thumb for all the ones that worked on it and the beta testers for all their hard work done on all FAS products.

Axe-Edit 3.0 will require the Axe-Fx II and Firmware v11 or better.
It will be launched WITHOUT Axe-Manage, but we'll be working on that as soon as Edit goes gold.

Will it still be possible to use 1.9 with the final fw11 to audition presets?

Back
Top Bottom