Axe-Edit 3.0 Sent to Final Testers

As far as Eruption goes, I agree with all the previous posters but let me offer up what I would use to attack this piece. Regardless of whether you've nevr played it before, relearning it, or trying to tighten it up and improve on your performance.
  1. load the song up in the amazing slow downer app
  2. download the most accurate tab you can find for powertab or guitar pro
  3. fire up Pete Thorn's Eruption tutorials on youtube
Pete's version is exellent. Not perfect but excellent. I believe even Pete mentioned he continues to work on this piece over the years. With amazing slow downer you will get clarification in a couple of areas and phrases. I.e the second part of the solo after the A G D chords. Pete plays the next part differently than I hear it. He totally has the swing down which is a key part in actually making it sound proper. TBH, nobody other than us anal guitar players could even hear the nuances but this is what makes tackling this piece fun.

Anyway, my point is , besides practicing, theres a ton of tools you can add to your toolbox.

Dont give up, the internet has opened up so much as far as accessibility goes. Aside from my ears, I remember the days of the Tab books and REH videos as being my only resources for learning songs as quickly as possible.

[QUOTE
Anyway, my point is , besides practicing, theres a ton of tools you can add to your toolbox.

Dont give up, the internet has opened up so much as far as accessibility goes. Aside from my ears, I remember the days of the Tab books and REH videos as being my only resources for learning songs as quickly as possible.[/QUOTE]

+1 on your comment about the internet today and how lucky we are as guitar players to have these amazing resources available to us today. GOD BLESS YOUTUBE !!
I also remember the days when we didn't have anything but some tab books if you were lucky ( and they were usually wrong)

2001 A Space Odyssey: brilliant movie, years ahead of its time.
Now, guitarists are pretty intelligent people as a rule, but just a word of advice.
If you really want to understand this movie, you have to read the book first.
It's worth it.

What typo?

So its a faux pas to skip typing the rententive part of the phrase? I have to be grammatically careful around obsessive compulsive guitar players ;) Just when you thought that only your guitar playing was getting critiqued......

No criticism, I just complimented you on something that I interpreted as a great typo. Made me laugh so you did a very good thing :encouragement:

(you can easily bash me on my grammar since English is not my native language :) )

Back
Top Bottom