Axe-Edit 3.0 Released!

Working on Amp Bank for FW11.0
Things go a lot faster with Axe Edit :encouragement:
Block levelling is super fast with the spacebar keyboard shortcut to bypass a block.

Installed easily and working flawlessly on Win7 and Win 8 here. Amazingly fast and solid! Thanks guys.. it's awesome!

I love the fact that when you initialize the amp block, it puts everything back to neutral WITHOUT switching the amp to the '59 Bassman!! Very fast, no "hiccups", just a damn good editor! Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

This is sweet, works great, makes sense and makes it brain dead simple.
Cheers everyone involved.
Thank u
Brian

One complaint is, no talent toggle...

Hello Gentlemen,

first of all: congrats to the new AXE Edit! Looking forward to work with it on a daily basis! Thank you Thank you Thank you .... :-| BUT .... unfortunately I don't get it running! I get the following failure massage: "Communication Failure: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request due to time-out". Left corner shows "Connected". I am on FW 11.0 ... but no chance. any ideas? I run AXE-Edit 3.0 on a Mac Pro (OSX 10.8.4). All Midi Settings are as ordered:

- PROG CHANGE: ON
- MAPPING MODE: NONE
- SEND REALTIME SYSEX: ALL

Your help is much appreciated. Cheers, Chris

I had the exact same problem. I turned the (big circular) "Value" Knob on my Axe FX II one click over, and my Axe FX appeared in Axe Edit. Hope this help someone!

Whew...I'm not the only one. I brought this up with the pre-AE editor, brought it up when axe-edit was born, and several times since. No one ever addressed it so I gave up.
NOt sure where you are getting your info, but prior versions of the editor (eg: 1.9) would go full-screen on a dbl-click. Used to annoy me greatly when I did it by accident.
AE3 screen size support is slated for future releases.. along with lots of other nice things!

SO GOOD to have a working editor again!!!!

What I do in the interim is to use the 'save to' another slot and move them one at a time. It's not ideal, but it is a workaround in the meantime.
You do that on the front panel? Save to another location in AE doesn't work yet.

And on the iPad via Air Display

AxeEdit%20on%20iPad.JPG

Guys (and gals). Overall, what a killer day for us...but I do have a problem:

If I open Axe Edit and THEN power on my AXE FX everything works fine. If I have my AXE on and then open Axe Edit I get a "timeout" message. Scrolling through the value knob on the AXE FX interface causes the preset to suddenly to appear in Axe Edit, but then I can't change cabs (and some other things).

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I am running FW 11, Axe Edit 3.0, OS X, and have the newest drivers installed.

Thanks in advance...

Uber-Thanks to FAS for this!!! I can finally rack mount my unit away from the DAW desk (Discourages constant tweaking when DAW PC is off). But, I may miss the front panel and she'll end up back by the desk (Encourages constant tweaking whether PC is on or off).

Too bad I'm a thousand miles from home this week. :cry

Back
Top Bottom