Axe-Edit 3.0 Released!

THANKS FAS! FW11, Presets & AE3 all installed w/o issues and I can't believe how fast AE3 opens compared to the old versions! I never used AE bc of all the issues and always used the front panel but I'm looking forward to start using AE3!

I can't believe how fast it is. Looks great.

Great idea putting all the cabs on one page.

Congratulations Matt and team.

I have downloaded my USB softweare so I can update patches from Axe-Exchange. I DON'T eed a MIDI cable to do the update to 11.0, do I????

I ask because I just read "Yeks How Tos" and it stated the following:
3. On the Axe-Fx go to Utility > Firmware, press Enter
4. Send the file from the computer to the Axe-Fx
5. A progress box should appear on the Axe-Fx. It will take several minutes to transfer the file
6. If all goes well, the Axe-Fx will display "GOOD CHECKSUM". If not, it displays "BAD CHECKSUM". In that case switch the Axe-Fx off and on again, check everything and rerun the procedure
7. After a successful update the Axe-Fx will reboot

Is this true?? What exactly do I need IF I NEED A MIDI CABLE? How many Pins? Midi to USB? What?

Hopefully, this i solder info and I can just update via a USB Connection to the AFX-II like i do when I download another Users Custom Pre-Set onto my AFX-II like I do when using the Axe-Exchange.

How do I import and store the factory presets on the Axe?

Aah, got it - Fractal Bot

Last edited:
I have downloaded my USB softweare so I can update patches from Axe-Exchange. I DON'T eed a MIDI cable to do the update to 11.0, do I????

5. A progress box should appear on the Axe-Fx. It will take several minutes to transfer the file
6. If all goes well, the Axe-Fx will display "GOOD CHECKSUM". If not, it displays "BAD CHECKSUM". In that case switch the Axe-Fx off and on again, check everything and rerun the procedure

Is this true?? What exactly do I need IF I NEED A MIDI CABLE? How many Pins? Midi to USB? What?

Hopefully, this i solder info and I can just update via a USB Connection to the AFX-II like i do when I download another Users Custom Pre-Set onto my AFX-II like I do when using the Axe-Exchange.

No. Use Fractal Bot to load the firmware and preset banks. Use the executable app loader supplied in the download to install AE 3.0.

Use Fractal Bot. That information is for the Gen 1 (Standard, Ultra) hardware.

You do not need a midi cable with the II, you can (and should IMHO) use USB.

You need a midi cable to update the MFC, the MFC does not have a USB connection.

no just USB

How do I import and store the factory presets on the Axe?

You can use Fractal Bot to load the factory preset banks. You can use the Import preset function in AE 3.0 to load individual presets from the present bank files if you don't want to load the whole bank.

Back
Top Bottom