Axe-Edit 3.0.7 released!

I never understood the need for a sequencer. When I voiced that disagreement, based on what I deemed wasted resources I was shouted down. It was explained to me and made sense at the time. I've since forgotten. It always seemed easy enough to apply an external sequencer, but I think it has to do with triggering presets and controllers. I still don't get what the advantage is over having an external sequencer laboring over this. I was told DSP is not wasted. AXE tied to its metronome being master, or slave? I don't get it. It's it just for the bedroom guitarist?

I never understood the need for a sequencer. When I voiced that disagreement, based on what I deemed wasted resources I was shouted down. It was explained to me and made sense at the time. I've since forgotten. It always seemed easy enough to apply an external sequencer, but I think it has to do with triggering presets and controllers. I still don't get what the advantage is over having an external sequencer laboring over this. I was told DSP is not wasted. AXE tied to its metronome being master, or slave? I don't get it. It's it just for the bedroom guitarist?

I'm not sure why you'd want to use an external sequencer when you can have one in the box. :)

Every Boss multieffects unit I've had has a step phaser in it & the Seek Wah from Zvex is a step wah. Line 6 has a seek wah type in their filters.

Here's a song from a professional musician that uses the step wah:

I had not tried to replicate a step wah or step phase in the Axe until tonight (kinda hoping FAS would add them as types :) ).

The step wah was actually pretty straightforward. The step phaser took a little more work to get it close to the Boss preset type. Both were a lot of fun to play around with.

Sequencers are fun toys, as much as any obvious guitar sound effect can be. I've used it as a wah controller to emulate the z-vex seek wah sound, and it's perfect for that. You can also tie the sequencer's "restart sequence" function to another modifier, like envelope, so that the sequence starts over every time you start playing after you've stopped for a moment. It's actually extremely convenient if you ever need it for crazy song intros or bridges or the once-in-a-blue-moon crazy guitar effect.

Why was copy paste removed from axe edit? I actually used it a lot. I know its in another app but I don't see the harm in leaving it so I don't have to run two programs when it can be done with one.

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

Why was copy paste removed from axe edit? I actually used it a lot. I know its in another app but I don't see the harm in leaving it so I don't have to run two programs when it can be done with one.

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

I'm not at my rig, but I'm pretty sure you can still Ctrl-C (copy) & Ctrl-V (paste). I did this to a bunch of my patches yesterday, and I'm almost certain it was after I'd done the updates. Give it a try.

Just want to say that I LOVE THE MODIFIERS PAGE!!!
It makes it SO much easier to determine what's used in a preset. Thanks FAS!

Back
Top Bottom