AXE EDIT 3.0.1 Error (can't load any preset, or see any blocks in the chain)

I just installed AXE-EDIT 3.0.1, I read the initial release information:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"The location of saved Block Definitions has changed in version 3.0.1. Default Definitions are no longer installed with Axe-Edit, so you will be prompted to “Read and Save Block Definitions” when you first run the program. Block Definition locations are now saved in:"

OS X:
/Library/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit
Windows Vista, 7, 8:
\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit
Windows XP:
\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit

But i keep getting this message alert that says, "Communication failure: Axe-Edit was unable to complete the communication request due to timeout." I can't load presets, i can't even see blocks in my chain in axe-edit 3.0.1 and this error occurs even when I change to a different preset on the axe-fx itself. I even tried creating the correct path, "/library/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit" but i have had no luck. Can someone please help?

Make sure the USB cable is okay, do not use a cable extenders or USB hub, try another USB port.

Also: make sure there are no corrupt IRs installed.

And try removing the settings file (Win: C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings and OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings).

Nevermind. I re-installed axe-edit and it seems to working fine. I did get that same message though after a while when I tried tweaking one of my drive blocks....just seems odd to me. any suggestions of what it could be?

Back
Top Bottom