Axe-Edit + 2 Axe-Fx IIIs?

Shaw

Inspired
so... if I had 2 Axe3s and one computer, could I run 2 instances of AxeEdit so I can edit both Axe3s at the same time???

A. THANK YOU for the lightening fast response!

B. How??? So I would need to run two instances of the program, and if so how? Do I duplicate the app -- meaning I would need to rename the copy? Or will one instance of the program connect to both machines?

C. Again, THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:
Probably with a windows machine, but probably not, with a Mac.

I will defer to my forum brothers to confirm or deny my suspicions.

There is a setting for Mac apps that disallows multiple instances to run. It can be disabled (a hack) but last I checked it still didn’t work.

I think there are still some shared resources (files) if you run two instances so the devs may need to make more changes.

I haven’t experimented with this in awhile but for the time being I just switch the midi io in one instance of axeedit to switch and most things work (tempo is one thing that does not... and make sure the axes are on the same firmware). I don’t like it but I’m living.

I get an error when I try to launch a second instance of AxeEdit: "Another instance of Axe-Edit III was trying to start. Only one instance can execute at a time."

With the axe FX 2, I used to close Axe edit, run a batch file that changed the config file paths, then restart...PITA!... And probably moved on since then.. Here's the 2 batch files..

#AxeEdit1.bat
copy "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings" "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings.bak"
copy "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\settings1" "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.exe"

#AxeEdit2.bat
copy "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings" "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings.bak"
copy "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\settings2" "C:\Users\Pauly\AppData\Roaming\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.settings"
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\Axe-Edit.exe"

Back
Top Bottom