• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Edit 1.9 Beta is Released

haha well how about the fact it crashes has many known bugs?we were given this after waiting for so long for a STABLE axe edit THAT is what im pissed about.ok you guys have worn my soul down to a nub haha i give in....for now....:p
You're not using it properly. If you use it within the rules Fractal set up for you to use it within, it works great! Like I said, I had just used it for over two hours with ZERO issues. Learn to use it properly and be happy until 3.0 is released. It really is not bad at all. Seriously.

s0c9

Please make the System Clean link available, I'd like to get it but I can't now. Thank you :)
Check out the link in my sig. You can find it under the firmware\Axe-II folder. Should be the first file in the list :)

BMH

Inspired
Axe Edit works great for me, I am happy to have gotten this interim release ... the few bugs are easilly overcome. Scott (or somebody) mentioned that if the Axe Edit crashes while you have some great changes going, hitting save on the unit will keep you from losing them. The other bugs are two seconds worth of time to overcome. Thanks AE team, and Cliff, it was a GREAT idea to release this first and then work on the next version.

boardwlk17

Forum Addict
Please make the System Clean link available, I'd like to get it but I can't now. Thank you :)
What does the system clean DO?
Should everyone use it?
Does is delete your presets?
What does it clean?
Is the link on a sticky,should it be?

guitargeorge

Inspired
What does the system clean DO?
Should everyone use it?
Does is delete your presets?
What does it clean?
Is the link on a sticky,should it be?

It clears your user cabs. Installed firmware is unaffected.

It is explained on the Fractal website: http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php (look at issue number 5) and http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/68454-fw10-system-clean-syx.html ("It overwrites your system bank. This will set all system parameters to default values and erase user cabs 1-50")

Last edited:

gpz

Veteran
You can but you have to have your axefx connected
Once the midi specs are released, it should be possible to write a software that opens a midi port and declare itself as being an Axe-fx and feed the editor with pre-recorded (and minimal) sysex sequences.

chris

Legend!
Apparently offline editing was causing a ton of sync problems, so they killed it for 1.9 beta. They say its not returning, but hopefully one day they can figure it out, as that definitely is a great feature.

Rex

Legend!
Is it possible to "watch" settings in a preset that is on the computer but not yet on my Axe fx, if my Axe is connected to Axe edit?
The preset will be loaded into the Axe's edit buffer (that's where it's manipulated), but it won't stay there unless you save it on the Axe.

Cassidy

New here
Is there any way to get a patch off the AFX II onto hard disk? The firmware states not, but I wondered if anybody had found a work around. I have managed to save one patch to disk, but it's kind of messed up (sometimes it loads, other times it loads no blocks or settings), and I've not been able to repeat that since.

I've got a couple of patches I'd like to share with a friend. Screenshots of AE seems to be the only way to share newly created patches at the moment, right?

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
Is there any way to get a patch off the AFX II onto hard disk? The firmware states not, but I wondered if anybody had found a work around. I have managed to save one patch to disk, but it's kind of messed up (sometimes it loads, other times it loads no blocks or settings), and I've not been able to repeat that since.

I've got a couple of patches I'd like to share with a friend. Screenshots of AE seems to be the only way to share newly created patches at the moment, right?
Try the new Fractal Bot

Top Bottom