Axe Edit 1.0.191 and MFC-Edit 5.3

manfred22

Hi Everyone,

I am running an Ultra with Axe-Edit 1.0.191 and a MFC 101 Mk. 1 with MFC-Edit 5.3.

I would like to import the 384 preset names from all three banks into MFC-Edit. A txt-file is needed. The newer versions of Axe-Edit allow such an export under tools.
However, I cannot run these versions for my Ultra.

How can I get the preset names from Axe-Edit 1.0.191 into MFC-Edit 5.3 without having to retype all 384 names?

I'd be happy for advice.
Kind regards
Manfred

Hi Chris,
thanks for your reply.

Actually, I am setting up the system for the first time.
I thought that I first have to export a txt file from Axe-Edit then import this text file into MFC-Edit.
However, the old version of Axe-Edit does not have the export feature.

How did you get all the presets stored in the Axe-Fx (or in Axe-Edit) into MFC-Edit and finally into the MFC 101?

Is there another way how to do that?
Regards,
Manfred

Have you set the Axe-Fx mode to Ultra? Haven’t used one in a while. The MFC quick start guide should explain: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/mfc-101/MFC-101-Quickstart.pdf

Hi Chris,
thanks for your reply.

Actually, I am setting up the system for the first time.
I thought that I first have to export a txt file from Axe-Edit then import this text file into MFC-Edit.
However, the old version of Axe-Edit does not have the export feature.

How did you get all the presets stored in the Axe-Fx (or in Axe-Edit) into MFC-Edit and finally into the MFC 101?

Is there another way how to do that?
Regards,
Manfred

Hi All,
turns out it is impossible to export the presets from banks A, B, C as text file from Axe-Edit 1.0.191. Nonetheless, I solved the problem by exporting a preset list from Axe-Edit into a folder, then copying the presets from folders A, B, C as path and paste them into Excel. A bit of sorting leads to two columns with numbers incl. leading zeros in one column and preset names in the other. The excel file can then be saved as text file with a tab stop between the columns. This file can then be imported into MFC-Edit. I use version 8.5, now. There, all Axe-Fx-preset names can be cloned to MFC preset names. Works like charm.

Back
Top Bottom