Axe changing preset Values on its own???

I have a weird question about this as well. Anyone have there volume jump up on a preset out of no where? When i saw this post i thought about something that happened a few times. I have my levels set on the VU at 0. When i went to the gig it was wayy over 0 on my preset?!..was really weird. I had to reset the levels. this happened a few times and i thought it was just me im using a liquid foot JR+.

Do you have any pedals configured for volume control, or a level boost switch? Any differences in controller setup at home/practice vs. gigs? Have you checked the output mixer MAIN slider for possible changes (caused by volume increment CC) on these presets?

Have you ever backed up presets before a gig, then compared one from this group to the version you had to adjust at the gig?

Do you have any pedals configured for volume control, or a level boost switch? Any differences in controller setup at home/practice vs. gigs? Have you checked the output mixer MAIN slider for possible changes (caused by volume increment CC) on these presets?

Have you ever backed up presets before a gig, then compared one from this group to the version you had to adjust at the gig?

Hi thanks for the reply..So far no to any of those questions. No pedals or switch control volume. Home and gigs exact same controller setup. Havent checked the output mixer slider but will do.

never have backed up presets before gig, but ill try that tonight as i have a gig.

Hey thanks all.. was away gigging all week.. just got home. I will try some of these suggestions. I have also been in touch with Ron ( RJM ) hes a great guy, gonna send him file to see if I have midi screwed up somewhere.
Ill let you know what I find out
Thanks

Tony

I have a weird question about this as well. Anyone have there volume jump up on a preset out of no where? When i saw this post i thought about something that happened a few times. I have my levels set on the VU at 0. When i went to the gig it was wayy over 0 on my preset?!..was really weird. I had to reset the levels. this happened a few times and i thought it was just me im using a liquid foot JR+.
I have been having the same problem with volume jumps lately too. The Axe volume will just jump really high for no reason and nothing reliably resets it but it will go back to regular volume on it's own sometimes after some time. Rebooting the Axe and power will stop it for a little bit a lot of the time but there is no rhyme or reason to it.
I'm running my Axe into a Mesa 2:90 power amp and 1x12 Recto cabs and it does it with either one of the two 2:90's that I have. At first I thought I had it narrowed down to the Humbuster cables I was using between the Axe and Mesa as replacing them with regular cables fixed it but it happened again last night at band practice with regular unbalanced cables so may have been a coincidence. It never happens at home or anywhere else so I thought it might be a power issue at the practice room but haven't been able to replicate it. It has also happened with completely different footcontrollers and pedals as I switched from Rocktron midi controllers to an MFC-101 lately.
I was talking to my band members last night after we got home and we think it may be related to the house current load. We practice in our bass player's basement and (don't laugh) his wife was doing laundry in the basement while we practiced yesterday so now that we think back, it may have stopped when the dryer was done with the last load. We think that the dryer and our new PA power amps may have been pulling too much current from the basement circuit with the rest of the PA on and my rig was getting low current as well as everything else. We didn't try to troubleshoot that because we didn't think of it until later.
The question is if it's the Axe that is responding to the lower current and cranking up the volume or the Mesa power amp. I have two identical Mesa 2:90's (long story but one stays at home and one at practice) and it has done it with both of them but still might be something with them. It feels like it would be the Axe by the way it happens but we are going to need to troubleshoot it with the new theories now.

Back
Top Bottom