Axe changing preset Values on its own???

Hi
Had bad experience over weekend.. 2nd time out with Axe II xl, it's changing the harmonizer settings ( not good ) on its own. Let's just say when I got to those songs it was embarrassing also disconnects from wa and volume expression pedals. That hurt as well during the opening of Nothing Else Matters Solo smh..
It has done this a few times at practice but I had laptop hooked up and Axe edit running so I can make any adjustments during practice. I specifically did NOT hook up laptop during live show for fear of it happening on stage.. well it happened :-(

Is it me or is it the Axe?? Thanks

Any other mid gear at all hooked up? Surely you used a foot controller right.

Chances are it's not the axe. But more info is needed for the guru's here - I'm not a guru, just been here a long time and asking the obvious questions.

I saw that yesterday. The comp look ahead value changed from 472 to 100 & back again without me even touching the Axe. No Axe Edit, not connected to USB, MFC101 connected but no modifiers at all in the comp block.

Posting the preset would allow other XL users and FAS to test it.

Some more information could be useful:

Which MIDI controller are you using?

Do you have a switch configured for Pitch X/Y? Is it possible this was pressed, or you switched to a scene using the other state?

Did you try switching to another preset and back? Did the preset work as intended then? If not, did you view block settings and notice which parameters had changed?

Are there any modifiers on pitch block parameters? See control: modifiers page for a list.

ok.. yea sorry . I am using the RJM Mastermind GT. No other midi. I went over the presets the day before the gig, no issues. Unplugged laptop from axe. Turned off rack. Set up day of gig, did not turn on laptop .. just started playing set, I have a separate preset for each song, so after each song I use the GT to basically advance the preset from song to song. and the 3 exp pedals hook to GT. So i didn't see it coming, got to the Trooper and bam intro was screwed, dont know what the harm mode or pitch setting was changed too as road crew as not unloaded truck but i will tell you it def was NOT the values I was playing on friday night sound check before load in. And the Wah wa it has done this at practice numerous times.. I hit the exp pedal set up just for wah ( Mission Pedal) and sometimes nothing happens. I click on Axe edit and there is no yellow bar across the wah control knob. I have to rt click and re assign which exp pedal to use. then hit save and its good again for a while ... ??? I dont know. grrr

Are you doing the setup on the pedals with the axe or with the mastermind? I'm running a Liquid Foot in a similar manner to you. As long as I don't update anything on my liquid foot, there aren't any issues with the functioning of the (expression )pedals...if I change anything on the liquid foot, it can make it to where I need to reinitialize the pedals for them to function properly. Have you made ANY changes to the mastermind since you last used it?

The expression pedal has to communicate with both the pedal and with the axe...my guess as I stated earlier is that you are experiencing issues because both are not set (or changes to one are taking place). Make sure you use your midi board to Calibrate your pedal. You can then modify it's action on the axefx.

The other thing to double check is what it's resetting to. If it's resetting to default values then a likely culprit is that you're not getting a good connection between pedal, midi board and axe fx, which could be a bad or loose cable or jack.

Quick test - unplug the expression pedal and see if that replicates the problem. If not, try unplugging your midi controller and see if that does it.

Have you tried running through the songs without using the RJM? It sounds like the Axe is getting sent MIDI signals and if the only device you have hooked up is the Mastermind then that should be where you start diagnostics.

Sounds like your controller is sending extra midi data when switching presets.
To confirm..
Disconnect the controller, power cycle the Axe, then use the front panel to change presets..
If the problem with the harmonizer preset is not there, then the issue is with the controller.
If it is there, then there's a controller of some kind attached to your harmonizer preset (I'm guessing).

I have a weird question about this as well. Anyone have there volume jump up on a preset out of no where? When i saw this post i thought about something that happened a few times. I have my levels set on the VU at 0. When i went to the gig it was wayy over 0 on my preset?!..was really weird. I had to reset the levels. this happened a few times and i thought it was just me im using a liquid foot JR+.

Back
Top Bottom