Axe-Change

The Axe-Change is pretty active and some of the files, especially IRs are still valid.

One thing that has neutered it a bit is a lot more folks are selling presets now but they're really good presets and they supported with updates for new firmware.

None have likes, downloads are low, and there isn't anything for the current firmware for the III. Nor the firmware before that. When I got my II 5 or 6 years ago there were many thousands of hits on a posted preset. It seems like even though the user base is growing, less and less people are sharing.

None have likes, downloads are low, and there isn't anything for the current firmware for the III. Nor the firmware before that. When I got my II 5 or 6 years ago there were many thousands of hits on a posted preset. It seems like even though the user base is growing, less and less people are sharing.

You've not uploaded a preset since 2014

I have had the Ultra, II, Ax8, and the III. I find it easiest to create sounds that I like on the III, so I’m less likely to check out AxeChange.
The other units were all great, but I felt like there was more need for tweaking advanced parameters and using pro sound knowledge to get great amp /cab sounds, so AxeChange made my life easier. Now, I feel much more empowered to load up a simple setup and get it to sound great with basic parameters, then get back to playing.
Just my experience- if this is the case for others, it may cause a decrease in AxeChange activity. Shame, really because I’ll bet people are making killer setups that ought to be shared. If you need a good starting points though, AustinBuddy’s Naked Amp pack is with the money IMO.

you dont need a current firmware preset,I have already downloaded presets from the axefx mark 2 and they sound pretty good on the axefx 3,also learn a bit how to tweak or make your own presets.

Correct. Because I acknowledge that I'm not good at making sounds. Which is why I was hoping pros and artists would show us how it's done. I just got an Axe-Fx III and it's like a ghost town on there.
you already get pros posting presets,Leon,bishop5150,camilo,markday here or on the axe exchange,do some research buddy.

I just downloaded a preset with the latest firmware. I was not able to specify FW5.0 as the only options were 1.0 and 2.0.

I have had the Ultra, II, Ax8, and the III. I find it easiest to create sounds that I like on the III, so I’m less likely to check out AxeChange.
The other units were all great, but I felt like there was more need for tweaking advanced parameters and using pro sound knowledge to get great amp /cab sounds, so AxeChange made my life easier. Now, I feel much more empowered to load up a simple setup and get it to sound great with basic parameters, then get back to playing.
Just my experience- if this is the case for others, it may cause a decrease in AxeChange activity. Shame, really because I’ll bet people are making killer setups that ought to be shared. If you need a good starting points though, AustinBuddy’s Naked Amp pack is with the money IMO.

Good points hooligan. I never thought of it that way. Thanks.

Just a word for whoever was frustrated he can't get a good sound...
The Axe is not a Synthesizer unless you want it to be. Right out of the Box load an amp block you know and like, a Cab you know and like and treat them like a normal amp. Set your View to Authentic and consider it your amp. This is a model that gets close to the real thing, it should sound close to the real thing very easily.
The User presets that are on the Axe Change are more about complex and curious presets, but it certainly should not be the thing that stands between you and a good sound for your guitar, Again, its not a synthesizer, its a modeler. Treat it like the real thing.

You seem like a hostile unhappy person. You might want to try exercise or meditation.
jajajajajajajajaja you made my day,im a very happy person dude,but there is nothing wrong with do a little research,test test presets until you find what you are looking for,already gave you cool tips about firmware presets and pro guys that share his presets.

sorry if you think im a hostile person.

Back
Top Bottom