Axe-Change and Apple Safari - no UPLOAD button

plyall

Power User
Folks -

I went to upload a new patch a few minutes ago and couldn't find the UPLOAD button on the Axe-Change page. Yup - I was logged in, and I had successfully uploaded many times before.

Hmm - I had been using Firefox!

I just switched to Safari this week after the Apple World Wide Developer's Conference, as Apple is adding significant enhancements to Safari going into their next release (OSX Mavericks). These include not only speed-ups, but also power saving mechanisms for those that use laptops/IOS devices. I think with these improvements, more people may elect to go with Safari that had been using either Firefox or Chrome.

In any case, it might be worth a peek from your web guys to see what's up with Safari and Axe-Change.

Thanks!

I usually use Firefox, but I just tried Safari 5.1.9 and it worked properly on my iMac running OS 10.6.8. Had no problem download some presets.

Danny W.

Danny -

Interesting. I'm running the latest versions here - OSX 10.8.4, and Safari 6.0.5.

You were able to see/use the upload button?

Okay (weird science fiction theremin playing in the background) - this is just odd. My Mac Pro (8 core, 2.8Ghz, 16G) has the problem. A new Mac Mini running the exact same OSX and Safari versions does not...

Maybe if I stand on one foot, put my index finger in the air, and face due north I can get it to work...

Thanks for checking.

Got any browser extensions running on the Pro that aren't on the Mini? I find several interfere with such scripted page additions.

Weird. Latest Safari, latest OS X 10.8.x here and I see the upload button.

Are you running any addons in Safari?

Make sure your font size or zoom factor is not altered by any user settings. Because it seems that the UPLOAD div doesn't have enough space left to fit next to the search form and get kicked underneath the Popular Downloads region (and remain hidden).

Make sure your font size or zoom factor is not altered by any user settings. Because it seems that the UPLOAD div doesn't have enough space left to fit next to the search form and get kicked underneath the Popular Downloads region (and remain hidden).
Ok so after being able to upload a month ago, yesterday I couldn't ,be driving me NUTS. FONT SIZE,changed that (smaller) and boom upload button back.Thanks for the tip gpz

Actually the odd thing is that having reduced the 'custom' font size, I can zoom it at will after I get to the page. These kids and their crazy HTML...

I remember when 'nroff' and 'troff' were kings... (sound of bones grinding).

Back
Top Bottom