AXE BSOD W10 [not a bug]

Im posting this here because Im unsure what is causing it and I don't see a specific forum for the drivers and since I own the Axe2 I've decided to use this.

I've had the Axe2 for a few years now with no problem and using it through a USB to access AxeEdit (Since it's much easier to edit my patches) I encountered a crash on my computer today. I've already analyzed the dump and it came back with.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL USBXHCI.sys + ntoskrnl.exe after further reading it came back with USBXHCI.Sys + FasUSBAudio x64.sys
I suspected this to be the root cause of why my computer i built my self and have never ran into an issue since came back with a BSOD after turning off my axe.

I then noticed, the Driver for the axe is from 2014.
Even though it seems to work for W10, it puzzles me how there has never been an update to the drivers for 3 years? has anyone else experience this and maybe found a work around? I would love to use the USB to access AxeEdit but not if it crashes my computer.

my computer (Win 7 Pro) sometimes crashes when USB gets unplugged, or I power off the Axe FX when I'm done using Axe Edit.
I've reinstalled the driver, and tried other USB ports on my computer but it still happens once in awhile.

I think I saw someone mention it might prefer a USB 2.0 connection rather that 3.0 but I've tried both on my computer.

Looks like a driver crash from your motherboard USB controller driver. Maybe check your motherboard manufacturer's website for updated chipset/USB drivers as well as BIOS updates. Those can often help.

Back
Top Bottom