Bug? AXE as sound card with El Capitan [NOT A BUG]

jhbpa

Inspired
Issues continue even with 10.11.2

Output with Guitar Pro always, YouTube sometimes, other internet streaming audio often will not work with Axe as sound card with El Capitan.

No issues with any of the aforementioned when using PDHD500X, Zoom TAC 2, Grace Design M 903, Universal Audio Twin as sound card.

Axe works fine if I go back to 10.10 (Yosemite)

Methinks Fractal Audio Systems USB Setup for OS X needs to be tweaked for 10.11

This is why so many people wait to upgrade OS. I see and hear so many issues with new OS whenever they drop across all the various audio forums and groups. Seems a lot of interface companies do keep tabs on the compatibility and release some updates or drivers so I could see why people look to fractal but as the man says its not an FAS issue. Luckily IMO the headphone out is a decent enough backup source for your audio on macs at least.

Odd. I can't reproduce an intermittent output issue problem on 10.11.1 using YouTube in either Chrome or Safari here. Works 100% of the time for me.

Are you doing something like aggregating devices?

Have you run the USB setup utility again and restarted both your Mac and the Axe-Fx?

Everything works here besides guitar pro on El Capitan for me. Whenever the Axe is plugged in GP glitches and wont play anything. Also the "reading" of the tab slows down to a snails pace. I blame that on GP and Apple though. Hopefully I get it figured out soon since I enjoy playing along to GP tabs.

El Capitan messed up my whole studio :))) cubase, avid eucon stoped working....i had to go back to yosemiti, all fine again.
learned my lesson, if you have a working system stay with it and give others time to test the new FW, OS etc...to get rid of the bugs.

Never update before you have checked that all your important soft- and hardware works on the update. Keep a list of what to check for. OSX sees updates every year - so this will be a returning issue.

I ran a second 'test disk' with El Capitan on since the public beta. By the release everything was working fine for me, now using El Capitan as my main OS (with Pro Tools 12) with no problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom